Agnostic.com

8 8

LINK Accused Pentagon leaker's violent rhetoric raises fresh questions about top secret vetting process - KTVZ

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 WHAAAAT!?!?!?!?!

We are in serious trouble here in America. 😔 Way too much bullshitting, finger-pointing, blame-gaming, etc. This is mind-numbing. 😳 The document leaker was not able to get a permit from his local police department because he'd made threats re: guns, molitav cocktails, school and other races, which got him suspended from school and criminally charged. So when he got Top Security Clearance, he used that as the way to get that permit. 😳 So his local government said, "No way. You're not worthy." And the US Government didn't bother checking into why. But they knew why. He told them. #Jesus

But the insane reason they claim he slipped through the cracks? 😅😅😅 In-part:

*Social media still new to the government-
A Pentagon official told CNN that despite the department’s stated commitment to “continuous monitoring” of personnel even after they have received their clearance, defense officials are limited in what they can collect domestically about US persons.

“Social media is a new world that the government really hasn’t gotten ahold of yet,” said Brad Moss, a lawyer who specializes in national security and security clearance law. “They generally don’t bother perusing your accounts (if they are even public-facing) absent a separate, independent reason to do so.”

🤦🤦♂️🤦♀️🤦🤦♂️🤦♀️
Uhm. NO!!!! Absurd. I've already scrubbed myself from the internet. It's not new. #smh

SeaGreenEyez 9 Apr 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I went into the military I had to have a top secret crypto clearance. It took months of vetting with agents contacting my records and talking to neighbors (never family) before I was cleared. I wasn't allowed to go on leave or even graduate basic (graduation meant an automatic leave). I had to spend two months in KP and couldn't even leave the base while waiting. One would think the internet would make things easier but apparently it has only made things worse. What good is it!?

Boy. they really screwed the pooch on vetting this guy. Wow. 😐

There is more to this than what is being shared. Part of the problem is that these are not active duty folks. So much of the time there is no one at the wheel. So it takes forever to get anything done when they only work at their military jobs for two weeks a year. Some of the missions given to the weekend warriors, like vetting for security clearance doesn't get done properly. It was right to fire the commanders who let this happen. I bet many more heads will roll that we won't hear about.

Eye rolled so hard I almost fell backwards. Not really a surprise at all.

I have read from tech experts that the government does not really hire the best people from the tech world and are really way behind in dealing with the world of social media, stopping hackers, etc. I don't know, but l have read and heard this for years.

Not just the vetting, controlling who gets the info under "the need to know." I had a top secret clearance, but I was restricted to gaining access to only those materials that dealt with my job. Later, I had a job that allowed me to read "ghost" reports (real spies). I enjoyed knowing stuff others didn't; I, however, either respected my position or feared going to Leavenworth. That was a day-to-day feeling, especially when I saw an Admiral using classified correspondence to have the Navy buy him a silver tea set (I have no idea if it stayed onboard when he left or not). Vetting is an expensive investment. (One of my friends who got questioned was upset with the FBI asking him, a Mexican-American, if I had ever acted in a racist manner. Thinking back on that, I wonder if they are still asking such questions as they should).

All of the services are rife with MAGAs. They definitely need to start monitoring social media.

BitFlipper, you're back! Feeling okay?

I understand the Air Force is especially right wing Christian now.

Abbott and Costello are in charge, we're fucked.

MizJ Level 8 Apr 28, 2023

Could be worse,Drumpf and Pence.

@MerlinZap Mango Mussolini is planning to name as running mate the GA Spork Foot, AZ poor loser Kari, the CO howler monkey or an equivalent.

@BufftonBeotch There's plenty of Stupid to choose from.

@MizJ But you knew who I was talking about.

@BufftonBeotch Of course I did. Sadly the media covers their antics and stupidity. One could reasonably conclude that the media bears a lot of responsibility for the Mango Mussolini getting elected and paving the way for further Stupidity.

@MizJ Right wing media, especially Faux News.

@Flyingsaucesir They all gave him attention, some were just more positive. "There is no such thing as bad publicity." Mango Mussolini has spent his whole life in the quest for publicity.

@MizJ I have never really accepted that old adage "all publicity is good publicity." I remember the kind of coverage Done Cheato got as far back as the 1980s. For instance, he was profiled on shows like Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. All that did for him in my book was to confirm that he was a loudmouth douchebag. I'll concede, my reaction was not typical in all circles, but can I think of plenty of other examples where bad publicity was bad for whoever. Take the publicity that Nixon during the Watergate scandal. Or that Timothy McVeigh got after Oklahoma City. When actual crimes are proven, the publicity is almost universally bad for the criminal. This, I think, will turn out to be the case with Orange Foolius in the coming months. He has a cult following, and many people who have a big emotional investment in Trump/Q/MAGA will undoubtedly stick with him no matter what. But for some the tide is turning, and they will end up turning his picture to the wall. Call me an optimist.🤞

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:721590
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.