Agnostic.com

4 4

LINK Elon Musk (Full Interview) | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO) - YouTube

This was just sickening. I like Bill Maher, but I wish the ghost of George Carlin would come back and put a rocket up Maher. Maher's preoccupation with rich white guys knows no bounds. I've never seen him fawn so much to anyone, save for the horrid Quentin Tarantino, another rich white woke complaining snow flake Maher likes to have on. Maher's brain is so fried with anti wokism and cancel culture obsession, it's sad. Despite the fawning here, no questions about Musk's appalling politics, his corruption of twitter and so many other questions a serious interviewer might ask. A real low point for Maher. No wonder his ratings are going down, a reaction to his ramblings. Whenever anyone seriously on the Left is on his show, he gets his ass kicked ( like Krystal Ball a while back) and so he goes in for faux lefties and white woke grumblers and rich guys. Sad to see.

David1955 8 Apr 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At 20 minutes, Musk complains that the self-censorship at Twitter shouldn't have been illegal. To say that now is insane. He knows full well that private companies can regulate speech. Of course he refuses to admit the speech he wants to allow is bigoted hate-speech. Do these shits not grasp how nearly all the shootings have been prompted by Fox's racism?

The denigration of being woke has never been more than surreptitious racism, but Maher loves it. Woke mind virus???? Utter bilge. That has to be coming from Fox and the GRU. Maher even minimized slavery at one point. Assholes. Two self-aggrandizing deplorables.

Yes. I lost a lot of respect for Maher, watching this. It's becoming a show for rich complaining white men.

Musk really isn't all that great at expressing his idead clearly in ways that people will catch on to what he means the first time around. From this interview, I get the impression he may be well intentioned, and tried to make his money by improving mankind and society, but I am not so sure he always thinks things through, and his communication skills seems to be limited.

I think the same thing and wonder if that’s deliberate? He rarely gets pressed to clarify.

@rainmanjr I think his reputation for temper is due to his inability to be able to communicate well verbally, and so he gets frustrated a lot. Maher seems to one of the few who can instinctually follow Musk's train of thought.

Musk has a sense of humor and the names of his children prove that. He generates projects that are said to be for the betterment of mankind but most likely he is trying to benefit himself. Others along the way might also benefit. Woke and cancel culture are just words. It is a phase that American politics is into right now.

That term ‘woke’ only became big over the last 2 years or so. Same with ‘critical race theory’.

Terms like this mean nothing to me. They are of no importance. One thing is for sure, City life, Suburban life, Rural life are worlds apart. I’ve witnessed that firsthand growing up in Brooklyn and having a summer house on Suburban Long Island as a young kid and how far apart folks were in many ways, but still at the same time shared many of the same concerns.

His analogy of the internet being a nervous system isn’t novel. Teilhard had talked about a thinking layer decades ago.

Maher was a softballing sycophant toward Musk. Sad.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:721798
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.