Agnostic.com

69 7

How do you want to be buried?

I want to be put straight into the soil to decay and share my energy with the system. Our current methods takes this energy out of it, which is a waste.

I am not New Age, my decay being food for the creepy crawly's is the energy I reference.

NotConvinced 7 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

69 comments (51 - 69)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Contingencies: Donated to a med school. If I'm not suitable for that, mix cremains with some soil and planted with a sapling in my favorite park. If that can't be done, put me in an urn and shelve me in the columbarium of the local national cemetery.

RichE Level 5 May 4, 2018

Being physically buried without being preserved with chemicals might be the best way to be buried. But, being buried in an expensive metal and finished wooden coffin is a waste of energy and resources and will prolong a body’s return to nature. Creamation wastes energy and pollutes the atmosphere. Maybe some primitive societies had the best idea, they recycled with the help of vultures and carnivores.

I plan to be cremated, the majority of my ashes are to be scattered over my pet cemetery here at home. A small urn of ashes is to be buried in the family plot in Corona, NM (just a few miles from the UFO crash known as the Roswell Incident), hopefully as far from my mother as possible. My daughter may keep a small urn for herself is she so chooses (I have a small urn of each of my parents).

I've recently discovered a burial "system" that intrigues me. It is an earth-friendly vessel in which one's ashes are combined with seed and nutrients from which springs a tree, plant or flowers. I thought a memorial tree would be nice and I'm always in favor of planting more trees on this planet. I also like the idea of being absorbed by the roots and being spread fo every branch, twig and leaf.
Also, by the time the tree died, no one on earth would have any idea who I was anyway.

There are multiple options out there. I don't know if posting urls is allowed but here's one.
If the moderators remove the link, just do a search on it.

[thelivingurn.com]

Peace

Cremated, no funeral unless my survivors want one. Funerals are for the living, not the dead.

Cremated and ashes spread over my favorite place. Watch hill fire island

jab60 Level 6 May 3, 2018

I'll be dead.
Not my problem.
There are only two people anyone finding my carcass will contact - they'll both say the same thing : not our body, not our problem.

Can I be burned, dumped, or eaten instead???

I won't give a crap because I won't be there to see it.

Ashes & dispersed. Get it over with.

I don’t ‘want’ to be buried or burned. Quite comfortable with the breathing and heart beat thing. ?
After I’m gone and am incapable of caring, I’ll trust others to do whatever needs doing.

I told my kids I don’t care. Likely cremation but for all I care they can dump my body in a ditch.
I’ll be dead. I won’t care.
Plus it’s more for them from the life insurance.

I told my kids I don’t care. Likely cremation but for all I care they can dump my body in a ditch.
I’ll be dead. I won’t care.
Plus it’s more for them from the life insurance.

Does it matter" The same with "How do you want your funeral to be? I guarantee you won't enjoy either one.

@notconvinced i agree with cremation but in order to donate your body to science you must died young and of an accident; they don't want old -and messed up by medicines- organs.. Regardless, you won't enjoy the moment.

Creamated. With portions of the ashes spread in different locations that have meaning to me. Not because I believe I'll "reside" there for eternity. But more out of a respect for the person I was, and as a tribute to that and the places/things I enjoyed

I hope there is a very cheap solution to dispose of the dead body that I will leave behind.

I'm looking into donating my body to science or cryogenically frozen. What is this elusive energy you speak of? (Being that I'm not fluent in emoji, insert one of those curious questioning face emojis here).

@NotConvinced Ah okay, you meant as in fuel, I see.

I want to be put into some glass cremation jewelry like this and be worn by all my friends. [PsycheCremationJewelry.com]

Open to organ and med school donation, if that doesn't work out cremate any leftovers and spread them in the woods near my house where I bury my pets.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:72257
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.