Agnostic.com

8 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds like a toxic mixture of psychopathy, superstition, and apocalyptic religious beliefs. Good riddance to this pair of nut-jobs!

Unfortunately Idaho is very possibly the absolute worst state when it comes to letting people use religion to excuse horrific behavior. I think this woman has some pretty serious issues, but evangelical religion certainly encouraged her. We literally have major public leaders now openly claiming things like demonic possession are real. The adage is true "Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities."

It’s mind boggling what narcissists and their flying monkeys will do to people who get in the way of them having what they want. My narcissistic ex husband tried to poison me but I started throwing up immediately so I survived and I’m pretty damn sure he and his second wife offed her first husband in Wisconsin.

The obituary says her first husband died unexpectedly and it happened almost 3 months to the day after my ex filed for divorce from me. The second wife was his assistant at one of the locations he managed and he had been talking about her to me for several years in a manner he had used with another coworker he was banging at another company so I know he was banging her when he was up there.

They are both in HR and worked at a chemical plant so had easy access to poisons and could take out life insurance policies without anyone the wiser. The guy died on a Sunday and that was always the day ex would drive up there from Illinois. It’s textbook narc!

Yikes

Were you even tempted to talk to the cops????

@pamagain well, as far as my poisoning, I didn’t realize that’s what happened until my therapist brought it to my attention and then reading about other people being poisoned by their spouses.

We had gone to Washington DC for a long weekend and had been sightseeing all day at the Smithsonian, got back to the hotel, he went out to get Chinese takeout because we were tired and had this lovely suite upgrade from travel points. He was gone for a long time for just going down the block and my food was lukewarm when he brought it back. I took maybe two bites and became violently ill.

I ran to the bathroom, and vomited until I thought my eyeballs would fall out. I called out to him to call an ambulance or something. He walked to the door and closed it with him on the other side, then closed door to bedroom area and I could hear the TV come on in the sitting room then he turned the volume way up to drown out my vomiting and calling out. I eventually passed out on bathroom floor. I regained consciousness about 3am and crawled to bed.

I woke up when he came in the bedroom late the next morning. He looked in the bathroom first and was really startled to see me in the bed. When I sat up, he jumped back, and turned ashen. Then he started yelling about me wasting vacation time lying in bed and acted like he didn’t know I had been sick.

I was too disoriented to argue with his gaslighting but I did notice when I stumbled out to main area that all evidence of our Chinese meal was gone. The reason I noticed was because the man had never cleaned up after himself in the 30 years I had known him. I asked about it and he said the smell was bothering him. The man couldn’t smell. He didn’t smell anything when the house across the street was on fire and I started looking through our house for source of smoke scent while he called me crazy. I opened the curtains facing the street and the room lit up from the flashing lights of arriving fire engines and flames engulfing house directly in front of us.

When I related this story as another example of what a callous monster my soon to be ex husband was to my therapist, she said, “he acted that way because he had poisoned you but you didn’t die, he was surprised that you survived.”

@Killtheskyfairy Wow. You're lucky to be alive 😳

@Killtheskyfairy Please tell us he's not married now? Or involved with someone?

@pamagain Not good enough. I want to hear that he fell down a well, or was eaten by army ants, or is sharing a cell with a big dude named Bubba.

@Flyingsaucesir I know I’m lucky to be alive. It’s what I tell myself every time my PTSD gets bad. I have a rare blood type so stuff doesn’t work on me the same as it does on majority. The food was cold and tasted bad so I only took a few bites, then body immediately started rejecting it and I threw up that dinner food as well as stuff I had eaten for breakfast and lunch.

@pamagain he’s a narcissistic monster, so, of course, he was married within months of our divorce being finalized. See above. He married his assistant that I suspected he was banging when we were married. I think the poisoning was to try to get rid of me because I wasn’t taking his shit anymore and he didn’t want me to get half of our shit.

He’s trying to change terms of divorce so now I’m in a legal battle with him 9 years after our divorce. He and his lawyer tried to gaslight me at last hearing about this second wife so I pulled out my calendars and therapy diaries and started going through them as well as researching her. I remembered him telling me that she was such a nice person just fat and stupid so I said tell her to go back to school, doesn’t your company have 100% tuition reimbursement? Yep, and she did. They are saying she has huge student loans. Nope!

He also said that her husband was this “big loser” who lost his union job he had for 20 years and went back to school instead of getting a job straight away. I wondered what happened to him and googled him to find that he had died within 3 months of my ex filing for divorce from me. Obituary said his death was “unexpected.” So she got rid of him, got everything they had and probably more since they are both in HR and could get increased insurance on him with no one the wiser.

While I was going through diary again, I remembered that my cat had seizures that the vet couldn’t diagnose when I was married, but my calendar says they happened when he was home and they completely stopped after he no longer had access to her. That 💩was doing something to her and probably led her to having an earlier death than she would have had.

Sometimes I think that hanging, drawing and quartering would be too merciful.

I understand that being kept in conditions of total sensory deprivation can shatter the mind.

Exactly

I'm not really into causing suffering, even in assholes who richly deserve it. I just want to erase them quickly and cleanly.

"Some people care less about biblical prophecies, some peiple care a lot about it. Thankfully in this country, we get to worship as we choose," defense attorney Jim Archibald said. Fucking bullshit. Not if your fucking made up religion includes murder. And that was part of her defense...... her fucking whacked out religious beliefs.
While I'm not a believer in the death penalty over too often government unfairness, there are certain people who don't deserve to remain alive, and that bitch could be put down by a slow, non neck breaking hanging and I wouldn't care.

But don't forget she was groomed into those beliefs by Chad Daybell. The focus is all on her, but he was the person whispering in her ear who needed to die in order for them to be together, and she was all for it, mostly because she believed his stories that they were destined to be together.

Weird stuff all around for sure, and people around her did take note, but nobody did anything meaningful to spare the lives of those who were killed. This is a story that needs to be told, so hopefully going forward people will speak up and go to the authorities when they see things like this in the works.

I've had trouble from the beginning with her and her husband lying about killing the kids and everyone seemed to believe them. They were kids dammit! Kids that age do not just take off and disappear. Was religion the crutch that kept authorities from taking any action? I think so. My take on all of this is that Daybell is a Dumbbell and they decided they could be happily together if his first wife and her 2 kids were not in the picture. That is what it boils down to in my opinion. Fry her! When he has his trial later, then fry him too. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Both of them are guilty of the ultimate betrayal. Yes, I have decided this before the Daybell trial but I'm sure they were in this thing together.

Yes, they both were looking so smug as they rebuffed questions about where her kids were. They also should have been asking how his wife died so suddenly.

Don't forget that Chad Daybell put the idea in Lori and her brother's minds that her then current husband as "turning" into a zombie and that is why her brother killed him. The boy JJ wasn't even a blood relation to Lori, but was the nephew of her former husband.

From all accounts I've heard, she was an angelic mother figure to both children until she got mixed up and mesmerized by the writings and messages from Chad Daybell. While she allowed the murders to happen, likely by the hands of her brother, it was Chad that convinced Lori and her brother that they all needed to be killed. Seemingly all for money, sex and power.

Why they didn't think anyone in their circle would think it was odd to get married 2 weeks after burying his wife, who died suddenly, makes one wonder and shudder is horror, that all this came about because of a science fiction type belief being peddled by a spiritual advisor. Interestingly Chad's children were spared death, but they must sure be in a weird place emotionally with their mom dead, and their dad awaiting his trial.

I'm just hoping they don't get a more lenient sentence due to the mental insanity of their religious beliefs. If your religious beliefs are telling you to kill people, just like political beliefs or ideology, show no mercy.

So horrific!

Yes, what one charismatic man can do to a woman and her brother with prophesies and predictions to manipulate their actions enough to kill their loved ones after being told they were turning into "zombies" is really something.

Yes, it was a larger "end times" movement, but more specifically in this case, a more singular sinister plan by the man who ended up being her newest husband who put all this in high gear. For what? Just for him to sleep with her and not have their spouses and kids in the way?

Chad Daybell's part in this should be far more damning than hers, but yes equally guilty. Women are portrayed as witches, while the man putting the ideas in her head is left in the background and not the forefront as he should.

Blonde hair, lipstick and a short skirt sells more newspapers. I've been following this story with interest and horror, mostly because of the Kaua'i connection, as the newly widowed couple got married here on a familiar beach and were staying at places I frequent.

The church and its teachings are bad enough, but I worry about how easily people can be duped into such a bizarre frame of mind, that they would kill their family members because a church leader said they were turning into zombies.

She a murderer.

I'm not hearing what kind of person or parent she was before she met Chad Daybell. I'm guessing that he tapped into something that was already there

@twill I think he tapped into her wish to be recognized as a goddess or saint of some kind, and he had her believing she was the wife or lover of all these heroic men of history and religion in her many past lives and that she and Daybell had been married before in their past lives.

She enjoyed thinking that was true to the point she allowed and embraced these deaths that seemed necessary to achieve her next destiny, to be the wife of the person who saved the special 144,000 people who were supposed to die in July 2020 when doomsday was supposed to occur. Surprise, it didn't happen. So, what now? Curious if she will come back to reality and become remorseful. I somehow doubt it, but wish she would as a well publicized warning to all those others out there who have the same beliefs.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:723715
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.