Agnostic.com

11 8

I don't understand how someone can waste so much time "praying". I prefer to call it a talk with an imaginary friend...poor people.

Alexa 5 Dec 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think in a way it's the same as when you're a child and have that imaginary friend you talk to buyy as you get get older the imagination shrinks and you're usually taught by society what to call it so know it's known as "GOD". My question is how can so many people talk to an entity no ine can see, hear or prove exists but that's fine but say you do the same thing without calling the entity god and boom you're a mental schizophrenic smh

Do you believe in a form of shared conscience? I think people pray wrong. It should be more like talking to a friend instead of just gimme gimme gimme woe is me stuff. If a friend of mine was always that way I wouldn't want to be around em as much. doesn't say a lot for churchgoers but idk there is something out there. Just not sure what it how many.

As a child I actually spent huge amounts of time praying. As a catholic when you go to confession and confess your sins ,the priest then gives you a list of prayers (penance) you must say .I spent hours reciting these moronic bits of ridiculousness.Untill this day I can immediately cecite about 5 off these

Yes if someone is praying for me I can say I'm thinking of them because I usually am.

I love that meme. So much of what god does seems to be for his benefit. When god decided to start a planet over he didn't just blink people out of existence, he drowned an entire planet. I like to remind people that (if you believe that story) babies and puppies died horribly that day.

ever hear of the nephalem?

Oh yes.

Poor time management. Get off your knees and to to accomplish what you pray for. If it is beyond your ability, realize the issue and deal with it.

Quieting your mind and articulating gratitude is a beneficial experience with or without an imaginary friend.

beats me and God wants them to do it on his day off

When someone says, "I'll pray for you," I respond by saying, "I'll fart for you." It's pretty much the same thing.

That being said, praying for "me" I think is effective because I'm calling upon resources that are available to me that I have not been able to tap into thus far. Prayer "creates the goal," and looks for the resources to make that goal come true. If I'm sick, and I "pray," that part me of may show me how to take better care of myself to be healthier, OR, it may encourage me to prepare for the inevitable. It's about finding an "in" to those hidden resources that are there, but I don't know how to access them.

idunno, they seem to really enjoy it so its probably not a waste of time to them

I'll not be so condescending. We can all be 'poor' in some things.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7250
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.