Agnostic.com

4 9

LINK Rushdie reveals he is writing again after attack

Sir Salman has long faced death threats for his 1988 novel The Satanic Verses.

lovebug 4 May 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have never understood the death threats against him.

The Kite Runner and other books by Khaled Hosseini and Kabul by Mimi Hirsh are much more condemning about some parts of Islamic culture than Rushdie ever was.

FYI, this post is replicated in the feed. No one has commented on the other yet...might be a good time to delete it 🙂

I have read and enjoyed a few of Rushdie's books, including The Satanic Verses. I didn't see anything that warranted a fatwah or any kind of negative sanction. All that the outraged Islamists have achieved is to show how incredibly thin-skinned they are. They really can't take a joke. Pathetic.

Thin skinned like their Trump god.

@CuddyCruiser Technically it's the Christian nationalists who are in the thrall of the Done Cheato. Islamists consider him enemy infidel. But I know what you mean. 😉

@Flyingsaucesir The craziness of it all!! They’re all whack jobs any way you look at it.

I remember a Jehovahs witness telling me when I was 16 that their ‘god’ is the only ‘real god’.

@CuddyCruiser The JWs are way out there alright....an apocalyptic cult.

I have nothing to do with Satan not his buddy Jehovah. Rushdie can write what ever he wants to.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:725204
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.