Agnostic.com

8 13

LINK California Store Owner, Lauri Carleton, Mother of Nine, Shot and Killed Over a Pride Flag Displayed in Her Shop

This is a most horrific hate crime. It would definitely qualify for a death penalty case. The suspect fled on foot and brandished on the cops "Lethal force encounter occurred and the suspect was pronounced deceased," the police release said. βš–οΈ This poor woman leaves a husband of 28 years and 9 children. Nazis Homophobes need to be put in cages.

barjoe 9 Aug 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

People need to learn to just walk on by, if they don't like the signage or emblems outside a store front. Geez. I perform same sex marriages, in addition to hetero marriages. I say so on my website and I'm glad for the people who just scroll on by if that offends them. I only perform secular style marriages, and I do notice the huge crosses that the parents often wear when the young couple has chosen a humanistic wedding ceremony. I just show them the open love, respect and inspiration that crosses all faiths.

I've got a bakery across the street from me that celebrates "The Passion" with religious symbols on the walls and Christian music blaring (and serves the Warden's Chili, go figure) so I choose not to frequent it as often as I would if they weren't blasting Christian music and talk radio all day, but oh my their malasadas are tasty! And their sourdough is fantastic. So, yes I do walk over and get a bite sometimes! During election season, when they have their political signs out, I do not shop in there. Just can't. But I don't feel like shooting anyone up!

We have choices and can make our support known by how much money we spend on various businesses, by how and who their aim their marketing. Live and let live.

No doubt that her flag ''offended" the killer's ''deeply held religious sentiments."

More people like this killer are being created every day. They come from that Trump Swamp that he created more than drained.

The rainbow flag is a symbol of egalitarianism, a celebration of diversity, a petition for inclusion. It also represents the dangerous truth that there are elements in our culture, such as traditional concepts of gender, that are merely arbitrary mental constructs which do not compass the actual natural variation in human kind. History is replete with examples of gender ambiguity, of gender fluidity, of people stepping outside society's invisible lanes without causing the sky to fall. Yet for some reason universal acceptance of diversity continues to elude us. And it's not just a gender thing; some folks are frightened by different religions, others by different skin tones. Why some people so desperately require conformity isn't exactly apparent. What does seem clear is that they are deeply unhappy; miserable to the point of suicide by cop. I pity the fools. And I wish them enlightenment. For everyone's sake.

Whether he liked the rainbow flag or not, it was none of his business. He made it his business and brutally murdered an innocent person because it "bothered" him. He deserves what he got. She did not.

Take your pick, but Trump/DeSantis murdered that woman as much as the shooter. But for their encouragement, it wouldn't have happened.

Hatred, anger, and violence is encouraged by not only religious beliefs but political ones as well. It encourages people with low self worth and anger issues by giving them a target to vent their anger at.

Betty Level 8 Aug 20, 2023

Why are such evil people allowed out in society in the first place?

We need a new continent to banish them to

@TheoryNumber3 Try Antarctica, but without having any clothes to wear.

@anglophone I like how you think πŸ™‚

Suicide by cop, it sounds like. Glad the state of California doesn’t have to pay for a trial or incarceration.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:728689
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.