Agnostic.com

7 5

LINK Videos Show Neo-Nazis Marching in Florida, Chants of 'We Are Everywhere' -- Newsweek

Neo-Nazis have marched across a Florida town giving fascist salutes and chanting "We are everywhere."

A series of videos uploaded to X, formerly Twitter, this weekend showed dozens of people dressed as Nazis shouting racist abuse in Altamonte Springs in north Orlando on Saturday, September 2.

A video shared by Florida Rep. Anna V. Eskamani said it was filmed in Cranes Roost Park in the center of the town. Another series of clips uploaded to X by journalist Oliya Scootercaster shows men dressed in red and black giving Nazi salutes on an overpass, although it was not clear if the groups were connected.

The footage also contained several instances of racist speech and harassment toward Jewish people and anti-racists.

In videos uploaded to X, white supremacist Jon Minadeo II and the leader of neo-Nazi group Blood Tribe, Christopher Pohlhaus, were present. Among the racist stunts carried out by the pair in the past is a recording of Minadeo displaying far-right propaganda at the gates of the former Nazi death camp Auschwitz last year.

In the footage, some members of the group said they supported President Joe Biden over his support for Ukraine and, by extension, the neo-Nazi Azov Battalion, while another group was heard saying it supported Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, although they backtracked on the statements later.

Neo-Nazis and other white supremacist groups have a history of trolling and paradoxically endorsing causes they do not agree with, including politics. Many neo-Nazis and white supremacists reject both the Democrats and Republicans over their support for Israel.

Former Florida Republican candidate for Congress, Laura Loomer, who is Jewish, was harassed by the group while she recorded them on her phone.

Since the videos were uploaded to X, they have been viewed more than 2 million times combined.

Florida has endured other racist incidents this year, including a deadly attack at a Jacksonville Dollar General store which resulted in the deaths of three Black people and the gunman.

Police identified the suspect as 21-year-old Ryan Palmer and said the shooting was racially motivated.

In May, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People issued a formal travel advisory for Florida.

Its travel notice stated: "Florida is openly hostile toward African Americans, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals. Before traveling to Florida, please understand that the state of Florida devalues and marginalizes the contributions of, and the challenges faced by, African Americans and other communities of color."

Florida attracted neo-Nazi protestors who gathered in support of DeSantis' so-called "Don't Say Gay" bill outside the Walt Disney World theme park in June, a move that was condemned by Senator Rick Scott.

Disney World staff spoke out against the infamous bill, which has led to a heated battle between DeSantis and the company.

Newsweek has contacted Eskamani and StopAntiSemitism for comment via her website and email, respectively.

snytiger6 9 Sep 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well now!! Oh how I would just love to see them here walking around the streets of the South Bronx, Harlem, East New York, Forest Park at 2 am…….They’d get their ass dumped in the East River.

A while back a friend who just returned from traveling in Europe told me that he saw an American tourist in Germany who gave a Nazi salute to a group of German men, who then proceeded to kick the guy's ass.

@snytiger6 He deserved it.

Confused people will find themselves something to believe in. If government does not go your way just make something up and go with it. After all, you wanted an instant solution and the fact that you get none is also used to support your ignorant beliefs. It works this same way in religion too.

haven't been to Florida since 2016 and based on the actions of those residents (and Desantis), I'm not going any time soon

The most confused are often the loudest.

Or as has been said to me "Empty heads make the biggest noise".

The salient fact is, "Dozans of people"...reminds me A Lot of 'The Million Moms', actual membership 3,000......

Mental and emotional defectives can be found everywhere on this Earth. They come, they go. They are a plague and a pestilence upon humanity.

In the US most Chumptards and the MAGAT base live in Rural Places.

If Rick Scott condemned the marchers, they must have been too timid for his liking.

Florida is heavily jewish, and he needs their votes...just sayin'.....

@AnneWimsey according to the Pew Research Center, only about 3% of the florida population is Jewish. Over 70% are Christian. I too would have thought the Jewish vote would have been larger. Hitler was raised Catholic, Stalin was Russian Orthodox, which I believe is an offshoot of the Catholic church. The reach of the Vatican is far.

@Switchcraft i have been to Florida off & on for my entire life, and sorry, but there is something really wrong with that poll....

@AnneWimsey

There are ~665,000 Jewish adults in Florida,
comprising 3.9% of the Florida electorate.² Florida
was won by Trump in 2016 (49% vs. 47.8%) and
again in 2020 (51.2% vs. 47.9%). The state has the
third largest Jewish electorate nationally and
carries the fourth highest number of electoral votes
(29) behind New York, California, and Texas.

[ajpp.brandeis.edu]

When Biden went to Florida to see the hurricane damage, he was greeted by Rick Scott, but not Gov. Disantis. Scott knows when to reach across the isle.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:729908
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.