Agnostic.com

89 16

Do u think Christianity is bad ? What's your opinion on it

Ya know I have a very hard time respected the religion . We as athiest or agnostics know it's bogus . Its a book that basically tells u what to believe is right or wrong and if u don't agree then your wrong and the co sequences are going to hell . The Bible itself is poorly written . One chapter gods this nice loveable person then the next he's growing babies and slaying baby's and cursing them ! So many people hate gays and lesbian people becus of the Bible . Whether I think it's nasty or not doesn't mean its wrong . I also hate the disrespect I get when I tel people I'm athiest. Why can't we think for ourselves ?

DavidDeLa89 6 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

89 comments (76 - 89)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well there are too many sects, groups, divisions in Christianity, so there are bound to be bad apples. Certainly there are good things in Christianity, but there are many bad things. My guess is the dogmas and faith, which are blindly following beliefs with no concern for evidence. Medicine you had bloodletting in the past as treatment of choice but evidence and treatment changed. The other issue is supposed moral code, i find it lacking since it does not say anything against child abuse, rape, slavery, and nothing about climate change. The other thing is that people specially christians in the end are tribal and therefore lack compassion for other groups non religious or just don't care as it happen with Evangelicals being the group most loyal to Donald Trump and voting him in mass in spite of the hatred of minority groups, racism, fascism. The other belief that lacks morality is the sending to hell to all non christians, just does not make sense in moral sense specially given the Holocaust sending of a specific group to gas chambers, how is GOd moral after the holocaust if he sends every non believer to hell, just does not make sense. In the end Christianity is neither bad nor good, but certainly not helpful in evolution and progression of wisdom, morality, knowledge, peace, compassion. The evidence is in terrorism islamic and christian (white supremacists), conservative Christians being the stronger supporters of fascist in USA and Europe.

I don't really think anything is 'bad' - just not for me - I would stay away from a whole pile of stuff that doesnt have any interest for me - People do whatever they need in order to get through the day - It isn't really any of my business to judge them for it - I have never had a god and never felt the need for one, bit not judging any one elses need.

Why get so bent out of shape over OTHER people’s beliefs. Let the theocrats get upset and support your appreciation of science, ethics, etc.I.E. Whatever convinces YOU that theocracy of any kind is just an invention to control the people. Don’t be like them and ‘hate’ just because of belief system differences. People can work together regardless of belief systems!

There are plenty of reasons to get bent out of shape. If they would just practice their cult and leave the rest of us alone, that would be fine. However, the Religiously Impaired impact the lives of those who do not subscribe to their cult. Example: Planned Parenthood. I could go on and on.

Here's what Christianity can do to people.

[facebook.com]

The bible is an immoral document and yes it wrong to hate people because they are gay.
The bible doesnt offer moral it offer what call moral prenouncement.
I often wonder how anyone that isnt this god favor people could follow it since this god seems to hate everyone except his favor or choosen ones.

If u have the time, get a hold of Bertrand Russell's 'Why I'm Not a Chtistian.' Fascinating read 🙂

All religions are bad.
They seek to subjugate the human will.
I could elaborate further but you get the main thrust.
Firm Anti-theist here.

I suspect more people accept religion into their lives, so far as it impresses others, personally or business wise, but in their own minds know it's a fraud..............

The best answer I can give to this question is my free book, The Dawn of Intelligence.

People can believe what they want to believe, but, as long as it's not imposed or forced on other people

Suzie Level 1 May 4, 2018

No, When their belief that someone is gay has to put to death is definitely not ok. LEV 20:13

This question feels wrong. Asking on an agnostic/atheist site "Do u think Christianity is bad ?"?
Maybe I'm being paranoid but this post doesn't sit well with me.
Am I being to paranoid?

I lay the blame on religion for most of humanities faults and vices. I don't think that any one religion is bad per se, but the perversion and implementation of the belief system to be advantageous for some and victimize many seems to be a feature that most religions tend to have. That said, I believe in the moral guidance of religion but mainly in such that they create a social framework of acceptable and expected behaviors that we can all abide by. But in this current climate, even common courtesy has been victimized.

I think christianity is a fairy tale, and those who follow it are looney.

Like everything, it has it’s good parts and it has it’s bad parts, and it would be folly to reject it outright or follow it blindly.

Well said.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:73041
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.