Agnostic.com

6 8

"Israel created Hamas, in the same way punching someone in the same place repeatedly creates a bruise. If you abuse a population with extreme aggression and deprive them of any peaceful recourse, you’re going to see violent factions emerge like a bruise on repeatedly struck flesh. Believing you can get rid of violent resistance groups with bombs is like believing you can get rid of a bruise by punching it harder, or by switching from punching to hitting it with a bat. The more you abuse the population, the more you’re lending cause and legitimacy to the factions which endorse violent resistance to your abuses. You don’t get rid of the bruise with more abuse, you get rid of the bruise by ceasing the abuse and doing everything you can to help heal the wound."Caitlin Johnstone 04\11\2023

"They’re dropping bombs on a concentration camp full of children. THEY’RE DROPPING BOMBS ON A CONCENTRATION CAMP FULL OF CHILDREN." Caitlin Johnstone: Losing Wolf F’n Blitzer November 4, 2023

[consortiumnews.com]

FrayedBear 9 Nov 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is impossible to avoid civilian deaths when Hamas uses them and civilian neighborhoods as their shields.

I've replied to this absurd line of thinking also made by you on another discussion string. I choose not to to fully repeat my comment other than to say that you are squealing like a two year baby chastised for pulling the cat's tail.

@FrayedBear Your reply is meaningless, but that is nothing new.

@Alienbeing most 2 year olds + Alienbeing do not understand squealing. My reply was not intended for your comprehension but the people who matter on here fully understand it. I suggest that you go & suck on your dummy whilst amusing yourself with your Darth Vader puppet whilst making Star Wars type noises of destruction. . . But perhaps you haven't reached that level yet.

@FrayedBear You attempting to sound intelligent is a laugh. The only reason I even reply to some of your absurd posts is to illustrate how absolutly wrong you are.

As I've told you previously, if you disagree with me, I must be correct.

Go back to trying to impress your nurse.

@Alienbeing Someone suggested that this is you in drag but I couldn't acquiesce to that idea - for one OBH is not ugly enough.

@FrayedBear Obviously you current medications are not working. Tell your nursing home supervisors you need new and stronger meds.

Israel responds to a terrorist attack that killed women and children by killing women and children. maybe just another land grab by Israel

Leetx Level 7 Nov 5, 2023

"the vast, uncounted mass of civilians slain by Americans remains far outside the popular understanding of 9/11. On that day, 2,977 people were killed, and the US has avenged these innocents many hundreds of times over. US airstrikes alone have killed as many as 48,308 civilians, according to conflict monitor Airwars.

But neither the public, nor the victims’ families, will likely ever get a full accounting of the deaths. The American government has steadfastly avoided true accountability on the ‘War on Terror’, from explicitly refusing to count bodies, to half-heartedly committing to transparency, to outright revelling in the killing of innocents.

Each year, America and the world mourns those lost in the atrocities of 9/11. Yet 20 years later, we still don’t know how many others should be mourned along with them for the atrocities that followed.

More than 363,000 civilians have been killed in the War on Terror, according to an estimate from Brown University’s Costs of War Project. . And many times more people have been slain after the battles are over. Cumulatively, the overall civilian death toll could very well exceed 1 million people, when taking into account indirect deaths from war that come from destroyed infrastructure and hospitals, disease, and displacement, Neta C. Crawford, a Boston University political science professor who directs the Costs of War project, told The Independent.

And that’s just what we know from afar.

Because Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Yemen and other post-9/11 battlefields are war zones – where the US has launched more than an estimated 90,000 strikes – large-scale attempts from researchers to count the dead remain difficult.

“It’s going to be very hard until these places are peaceful to figure that out,” Ms Crawford said.

The biggest hurdle, however, has been the US government itself. After years of agitation from families, rights groups, and journalists, the US military began publicly disclosing how many civilians it kills each year in 2018, but it regularly undercounts that figure to the point of near-irrelevance. A New York Times investigation, for example, found that during the air campaign against Isis in Iraq, 31 times more civilians were killed than officially acknowledged."We may never know how many innocent people US forces killed during the War on Terror – and that’s intentional, writes Josh Marcus Thursday 09 September 2021 19:35 BST

[independent.co.uk]

yes. I agree with you. 911 turned America into a terrorist nation. Just like Hamas turned Israel into a terrorist nation. @FrayedBear

@Leetx Israel created Hamas & Israel was a terrorist nation, its Zionist citizens were terrorists long before the nation came into existance.

@FrayedBear you point out something that most Americans don't want to hear. Even if they agree it is true, they have few regrets about the mismanaged war on terror and the horrible misuse of weapons.

@ecowellness thank you for your remark. Your observation has been made very relevant by many ostracising me since February 2022.

Nuttiyahu is not perfect but I suggest some of those "dropping bombs on children" people go over there to check this out for themselves. Media may be lying to you, or you just might be taking sides to twist politics a bit. Then, maybe not. War is hell.

Watch the video of Israeli One day of Israel massacre. Then watch Gaza since then and tell me the difference.

I think the problem on both sides is religious extremism and intolerance. Religion just fucks up politics. Period. That is why history is full of religious based wars.

Israel has been treating Palestinians and others like shit for so long, no one should be surprised by the attacks on Israel. What's unbelievable is Netanyahu pushed for Hamas to get billions. There is only one reason he wanted them to get a large amount of money. Everyone knows Hamas hates Israel. Netanyahu should take more blame than anyone for this tragedy. Being a right wing extremist, I suspect he wants violence thinking it is the only way to move further right and destroy enemies. Like most narrow minded leaders, he thinks one dimensional; does not see the long term affect or even the second and third order affects his arrogance and closed mindedness is doing. For decades the Brits thought they could use violence to end the IRA. It ended when negotiations took place. Lousy leaders often railroad efforts for peace.

I agree with pretty much all of your comments with the exception of the IRA. An organisation predicated on the ridiculous idea that you can bomb a people into unity. It was only after considerable amounts of military and intelligence successes by the British govt that forced the IRA to the negotiating table. That and dwindling support from republicans in N.Ireland itself. In short, the IRA was losing on all fronts and ended up taking the best deal they could get. On the plus side, they got electoral reform with proportional representation and closer links with the South. But Ireland had to change its constitution, losing its commitment to a united Ireland and the embedded position of the Catholic Church in its govt.

Another of Cipolla's stupid¹ people who selfishly only look to benefit themself & not everyone which is the intelligent thing to do.

Stupid¹
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

These are Cipolla's five fundamental laws of stupidity:

1. Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.
2. The probability that a certain person (will) be stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person.
3. A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses.
4. Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid individuals. In particular non-stupid people constantly forget that at all times and places and under any circumstances to deal and/or associate with stupid people always turns out to be a costly mistake.
5. A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person.

Corollary: a stupid person is more dangerous than a pillager.

@FrayedBear only a stupid person copies and pastes this on every other post disagreeing with them. We get it you hate Jews, love Russia and have a gay thing for putin. No need to keep repeating yourself.

@FrayedBear did you have something relevant or of substance to say?

@ecowellness - I am not responsible for your inability to understand English.

"So you think that Israel is committing war crimes killing Palestinians in Gaza in revenge for the ..." - "the vast, uncounted mass of civilians slain by Americans remains far outside the popular understanding of 9/11. On that day, 2,977 people were killed, and the US has avenged these innocents many hundreds of times over. US airstrikes alone have killed as many as 48,308 civilians, according to conflict monitor Airwars.

But neither the public, nor the victims’ families, will likely ever get a full accounting of the deaths. The American government has steadfastly avoided true accountability on the ‘War on Terror’, from explicitly refusing to count bodies, to half-heartedly committing to transparency, to outright revelling in the killing of innocents.

Each year, America and the world mourns those lost in the atrocities of 9/11. Yet 20 years later, we still don’t know how many others should be mourned along with them for the atrocities that followed.

More than 363,000 civilians have been killed in the War on Terror, according to an estimate from Brown University’s Costs of War Project. . And many times more people have been slain after the battles are over. Cumulatively, the overall civilian death toll could very well exceed 1 million people, when taking into account indirect deaths from war that come from destroyed infrastructure and hospitals, disease, and displacement, Neta C. Crawford, a Boston University political science professor who directs the Costs of War project, told The Independent.

And that’s just what we know from afar.

Because Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Yemen and other post-9/11 battlefields are war zones – where the US has launched more than an estimated 90,000 strikes – large-scale attempts from researchers to count the dead remain difficult.

“It’s going to be very hard until these places are peaceful to figure that out,” Ms Crawford said.

The biggest hurdle, however, has been the US government itself. After years of agitation from families, rights groups, and journalists, the US military began publicly disclosing how many civilians it kills each year in 2018, but it regularly undercounts that figure to the point of near-irrelevance. A New York Times investigation, for example, found that during the air campaign against Isis in Iraq, 31 times more civilians were killed than officially acknowledged."We may never know how many innocent people US forces killed during the War on Terror – and that’s intentional, writes Josh Marcus Thursday 09 September 2021 19:35 BST

[independent.co.uk]

@Tejas still irrelevantly using ad hominem to prove your Cipollan stupidity¹ - a statement of fact not a question or ad hominem by me.

@FrayedBear at least I don't suffer from dementia

@FrayedBear Your inability to communicate clearly is not my problem. Your posting nonsense indicates your agenda lacks logic or credibility.

@FrayedBear, @Tejas and once again you post something not relative to the topic.

@ecowellness eat me?

@Tejas

If he was cocolate, he would eat himself

@Tejas lol, better to be demented than than in psychotic denial.

@Tejas, @ecowellness "Your inability to communicate clearly is not my problem. " - it is your problem if 95% of the world population understands me but you don't.

And yes giving my opinion on Tejas's irrelevancy is not germane to the original post but is relevant to Tejas's divergence from it.

Funny, how this happened under the 'leadership' of Nentanyahu. SOmeone who is trying to change certain rules so he won't have to go to trial for his misdeeds. Problem is this situation has polarized a lot of the rest of the world. Gee, wonder why antisemitism has is increasing. Israel wants to link anti-Zionism with antisemitism and this is the result. I think what some political leaders need is an anthropologist advisor to caution them of what may happen should they make some stupid ruling.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:736288
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.