Agnostic.com

19 3

Are Religious persons allowed on this Agnostic site?

I am new, and have not come across one yet. From many commentary, they don't seem to want them here. Kinda one-sided don't you think toward your larger group of fellow man.

If your strong in your way of thinking, They cannot hypnotized you into their blind faith. Atheist forum invite them in with their largest categorie topic- Religion and spirituality.

My God is Love...Nature is my Religion. Love conquers all, let's love monolithic Religion to death.

Your thoughts

Castlepaloma 8 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm not subscribed to any mass religion, but I believe in a life after death for sure. Every religion out there has a story of reincarnation and those rising from the dead. Kind of odd it would be the general consensus on a global scale. There are those who have seen the other side and came back most NDE stories all seem to agree on the same thing and process. It's really quite fascinating.

Not sure what they came back from.
Was it a spiritual world?
How was the process the same?

My Jewish girlfriend was a wiccan, she said wiccan was more based on Nature.
She was a wise lady.

I truly belive in "live and let live"with the proviso that what you do, say or think offers no harm to any other in any way. Surely as just plain human beings we can be tolerant, friendly and respectful of others beliefs and they in turn reciprocate! My own atheist viewpoint, arrived at after many years of assorted religious involvement, stems from the conclusion that, IF there was a supreme, all loving, omniscient, omnipotent being, why a) did it create us in the first place, give us free will, rules to follow and the promise of eternal suffering if we don't, and b) IF this mythical being existed, with all the much vaunted loving attributes, how the blazes is the suffering, wars, disease, starvation etc., allowed to exist! And please don't respond with "its all out of love for mankind"mmm?

If you don't like me, I don't need your approval, you don't need Religion approval to do what you do. You all exist and you all are important to me. I Got 10s of millions of people who like my work. I might show my art here, don't know yet.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Rejecting the essential along with the inessential.

This Agnostic site might throw out the Religious baby and keep the bathwater. When the act in the same way as the Religion. Hell! US already registered atheism as a Religion. I am only Religious about nature as there are Religions base on nature, not requiring God. Taoism is beautiful.

I thought agnostic would be more open minded and tolerant than this.
Sure Religion lacks open minds and Tolerant, yet two wrongs do not make a right. If I"m not learning much here, I will leave.

I Got 10s of millions of people who like my work. Don't need the like button because I don't belong to a group and don't like labels. Don't like most Religion as much as all of you. I can always learn and enjoy something from every herdlike group. I Don't have to be a member of a herd to learn how to cherry pick. All of you don't have to be a Religious member to learn from them Just be part the family of the majority of the human race as we are as weak as our weakest link.

why do man have the need to worship anything? Are we so insecure we can not believe we control our own lives! All things point to no gods! Why do w worship royals they are just the offspring of the bloodiest, greediest people of their time. Why worship actors? They are paid to follow directions. Script writers write a script telling then what to say. Directors tell them how to say it and all movements on screen! No we should always be questioning why! NEVER FOLLOW BLINDLY ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS AND ASK WHY!

Yes, question everything. Some People tell me I am honest to a fault. I'd rather know something than being mouse trapped. Then having to tell them, keep the cheese, I just want out of the trap.

Yes, greed and over focus on money is the ugliest thing out there.
Yes, it is best to be the king of own domain. The hierarchy system from politics to Religion has turned most of us into over worked slaves, not liking what we do. It's all getting worst. I have moved down to Bolivia to restart a few of my business. The cost of living is very cheap and happy people make a big difference.

I think anyone religious coming here and proseltyzing would soon find themselves very unwelcome, having their posts, comments, and replies reported as inappropriate, and blocked by many of us who simply don't want to see their crap. Considering these things, I doubt that type of religious person would even want to keep coming here, and might soon find themselves banned from the site if they kept up their disrespectful behavior anyway.

Non-believers are in the majority here. Given the site's purpose and basis and active administration, I don't see that majority changing. That isn't to say that any religious folks are unwelcome. I think many of use are open to respectful dialogue with anyone. Even disrespectful non-religious folks would soon find themselves unwelcome.

who is your god? Have you really studied nature? Do you know mother nature is a very cruel mother? Have you ever watched an animal being killed by another animal? Have you read about black vultures eating the ass out an animal giving birth killing the new born and the mother. How is that any type of love? You ever see a cat go on killing frensy when it jumps into a pen of small domestic animals?

All animals love and it the most important word in the world.
Yes it seem unjust that the cougar eats the coyote and the coyote eats the rabbit and so on. Have you ever heard the crys from the screaming lettuce. We are all living and dying at the same time and I can accept and understand that.

Religion concerns are more about our sex and war, very little for our natural environment. I don't understand these.
What good is Yahweh love , when he hate all that don't love him first above everyone and thing. Unless you call Hell love.

I am all for you guys, just want to make sure these warmonger destoyers get out strategies.

@benhmiller humans display the same horrific behaviors

btrote I was repling to the person who thinks animals are so nice so I pointed out they are not

Why would you knowingly join an atheist/agnostic site & then complain the site does not seem to allow religious people? I joined so I don't have to listen to someone try to "convert" me to christianity.

Agnostic has the power, only allow 20percent theist's. I'm a strong individual, and fearless..

You show them your fear, they will smell blood and attack like a pack of dogs.

Sorry, but the net is FULL of sites where believers and atheists duke it out on a nearly constant basis. I come here to let my hair down and not have to deal with that BS. Having a safe place for nonbelievers to hang out is unique. I personally would hate to see it overrun.

That said. If the group wants it to be like other sites, I would not interfere or pitch a fit. I do not have to hang here if it's not my cup of tea. Sure would be saddened to see it go that way, though.

Zster Level 8 Dec 9, 2017

No one is stopping them from being on here. I think those who did join would spend a lot of time in a state of righteous indignation. But some people like to live their lives that way.

GwenC Level 7 Dec 9, 2017

Yeah i think they are, a similar question has been asked before and people seemed fine with it

Perhaps most religious persons are more comfortable visiting other sites -- like ones that don't disparage their beliefs.

or they may want to change you?

As far as I know, theists are welcome here, so let's get this ball rolling.

"My God is Love...Nature is my Religion. Love conquers all, let's love monolithic Religion to death."

What does that mean exactly? It seems every believer has a different idea of what their particular god is, love is just love, and nature is just nature, there is no reason to classify them as gods.

God is just a word. When a Christian says God is Love, you can ID that God as Yahweh.

Being an artist for most waking hours of my life. I find metaphors allow for deeper and powerful meaning. You may call a heart a muscle- (concrete) I say, Iead with my heart, follow shortly with my mind. Most get it, and it"s like a beautiful painting.

Everything you have ever achieved in your lifetime was all first imagined. Pictures came into your mind first, words came second. Religion lacks using their mind. Science without imagination is lame.

@Castlepaloma When you speak in vague metaphors and imagined ideas it all becomes meaningless and not worth arguing over.

Not even the Christian god can be defined consistently by all the different denominations that think their way is the true way.

Paul
I don't use as large a brush to paint what Religion is. US registered Atheism as a Religion. I don't agree, atheists lacks enough Religious trait's. Yet Nationaism would have many Religious trait's to confirm with in the definition.

Taoism is a Religion base on nature. It 's 500 years older than the Bible and it's almost flawless. There no God in the book Taoism and many other kinds of Religion base on nature.

The best written I've seen for polical purposes is the US Constitution also no God in it. Love is much more than an emotions. Love is the glues that keeps the earth together. Where fear runs and control things in much of the world today.

Who need to sort out millions of Religions. All I want is love and work for a meaningful life of joy.

Sorry I have to many individuals already trying to save me ,pray for me and generally trying to convert me.This site isn't being one sided at all rather it is a group of like minded people who have had enough religion and now wish to discuss topics that appeal to them without having to include a god figure.

Try ruling No Gods allowed. Atheist group knowledge of worldwide Religion is the greatest of any group.
Don't disallow theist's, just by ignoring them, when their ideas are unreasonable. Will make theist's magical powers, float away.
I'm a world-class strategist, it will work.

We don't or at least I don't want religious people here because they are toxic and do nothing but judge you; they always have something to say. I just want a place I can talk with my fellow people without delusional people telling me that their imaginary sky daddy is going to send us all to hell, all the while they are being hypocrites while they cover up the abuse and rape of their children that they allow by hiding behind their religion. Tired of crazy people and them trying to force religion down my throat and covering up all the horrible shit they do with their religion. All the bullshit, just tired of it is all.

I don't have a problem with anyone who has a belief just don't try to make me into something I'm not. Live and let live and do not harm is what I try to live by. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Dec 9, 2017

I'm new also but since this site was designed for folks who are fed up with religion being shoved down their throats in general and fundamentalists for sure, I'd say that you likely won't run into too many religious people. Its not that we are not strong in our way of thinking, its that we'd all like to 'finally' have a place where we don't 'have' to be strong and defend our positions constantly. Just my 2 cents, and I'm also a big fan of love and nature🙂

Being a historical, the pass tell how Religion has been use like a tool for the hierarchy greedy. Today it transformed into a corporation Nationaism fascist controled by fear.
Having strength is very important for the survival of your group.

You are a fan of love. Love is when two people, group or thing are stronger together than apart.

I know a lot of people here view this site as a sanctuary from barking proselytizers, and I can appreciate that. Maybe the site's careful filtering process keeps the worst of them out, but respectful people of all persuasions should be welcomed, in my opinion.

skado Level 9 Dec 9, 2017

key word respectful

Yes!

I have come across a couple of religious people here, however they aren't stupid enough to try to convert us.

You probably see us talking bad because........ this is an agnostic/atheist site. We've been blasted pretty much as long as we've been atheist/agnostic. This is a safe place, and we don't have to worry about

1. Being told we're going to hell
  2. Being told we're delusional to believe there is no god
  3. Having someone or a group of people try to convert us

Keep nonbelievers at 80 percent and your sanctuary will be safe.
Not confronting a problems like Religion, only comes back 10 x fold worst.

Don't let the turkeys get you down.

I'm relatively new here, and so far I haven't encountered any traditionally religious people, but I hope they are welcome. How can we dialogue if one side isn't allowed in the conversation?

skado Level 9 Dec 9, 2017

I hadn't thought of this as a dialogue/debating site. I joined because it looks like, and certainly seems to be, a good place for agnostics/atheists to exchange views and experiences, and perhaps speculate on the goals we all might have. Not for having to tangle with dogmatic "faith" believers...there are heaps of other sites specifically set up for that purpose!

I'm not too quick to associate dialogue with debate. People do seem to want to share their views here, and respond to others' views. I think that's a pretty good description of dialogue. I don't at all think rabid arguing is constructive.

I too think dialogue is different from debate. Dialogue implying sharing and maybe finding common ground, if not agree to disagree. Debate brings verbal jousting to mind with a winner in mind at the end

Argument get angry and debates worst. If you don't enjoy these, just turn it off like the TV. if you ask them to switch it to a dialogue or discussion and they don't , ignore them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7365
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.