Agnostic.com

75 12

Jesus loves you? What does it mean to you?

I was just thinking about this cause I still have people telling me this pointless thing and I am convinced people have to tell themselves and others that cause life is hard and they need to always feel like someone is watching over them and love them. I’ve had to block people cause I’ve had religious friends texting me stuff like that or asking me things like ,” Have I talked to Jesus today. I should talk to him cause he love me.” Lol I know it’s quite pathetic! What do you guys think? The whole quote to me is just pointless.

EmeraldJewel 7 May 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

75 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Typically said by somebody who doesn't.

godef Level 7 May 5, 2018

I became hard core atheist because of that and all these weird freak strangers that walk up and ask me if i have found "jesus"? I used to blow them off by saying fuck off or whatever but it happens so often here in the bible banger belt that i took the time to actually study religion. The when, where, how and why this retarded ignorance began and its purpose. Here in the u.s. that insane, disgusting book called the bible is all these idiots base their entire delusional beliefs around. They really hate to hear that every single story in this fictional fairy tale is plagiarized from civilizations thousands of years older, primarily the sumarian culture, and that is only because they have the oldest form of written language that is so far discovered. I can name easily a dozen or so setbacks to humanity caused by these sick fucks, that is all cultures who have magical jews, sky fairies or what have you as imaginary friends, not to mention these con artist who take advantage of the less fortunate in mental faculties. But to your question about this jesus guy, I have found that when you say "You mean that dick on a stick all you christians are so gay for"? That simple phrase really seems to ruffle their feathers and leaves them frothing at the mouth because their head and ass has lost connection with that only little strand of wire that had them previously functioning..

What does it mean? Piss all

Pointless - yes. What does it mean ? To me, not much.

I remember as a little kid singing the "Jesus loves me" song. As I got older I started thinking, but does he even know me? We never met. Would he even like me?

Imagine if we were watching a movie together, or a football game. "Jesus is a bro to me."

Knowing from textual analysis that Jesus was very prejudiced against non-Jews, I doubt we would get along.

Jesus is an idea. He loves us but never answers prayers. Everything that happens to ourselves and those around us that is good is because of his will. Natural disasters, disease, genocide and getting the wrong order at the drive through is our fault because we drink, use contraceptives, don’t pay tithing, masturbate, look at someone else’s spouse and take the lord’s name in vain when stepping on rogue toys left out by the kids.
The thought that there is someone up there that loves us all and requires our faith in his existence and teaching or we will be punished for all eternity is rediculous.

Equally pointless to me also. How does Jesus love you except for the bible telling you so, just like in the old song. Other passages in that same book talk of a Jesus with a different opinion also. Yes, Jesus. The warrior King who was killed as a threat to Rome. Someday he will return riding a white horse up in the sky, and he has tattoos on his thighs. He was also resurrected with a perfect body but he kept his injuries and his hands will never heal. Everything is fuct up.

I try to remember that people talk and say things for their own benifit...they are re-affirming their own beliefs, and trying in their way to express good will toward you....depending on how much I care to invest in that person.... my usual reply is "thank you " to something like "I don't put any belief in a mystical being, but thank you for the thought". Sometimes I get an invite.

THAT A STUPID DUDE GOT LOOSE...🙂.

Well, here's a good summary of what i think: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ8hefESt7c 😉

As you concluded, it's meaningless

Santa Claus loves me too, at least he brings me tangible gifts.

It means he and his representatives want to fuck me!

LOL

Hahaha

You speak the truth. While it is comforting to think a supernatural deity loves and cares for you, there is no evidence that it is true. It might be better to cultivate love and friendship with family and friends rather than with a supernatural deity.

Babble.

Just as much as if you to say the green unicorn from nimburu loves you. ?

I have a few acerbic replies to it but I rarely hear it these days as everyone who knows me who is in the slightest religious knows not to cross swords with me. I usually reply something like "Cool and Santa really loves you" or if feeling a bit more mean "Really? then how come he don't swallow 😟 ? "

Well meaning I guess, but also attemting to take advantage of you.

He's a liar

iMarx Level 1 May 5, 2018

I don't fancy a latino right now ! I'm more into girls anyway

A very pointless quote, may be a walking stick for the weak;

It means nothing to me, because I don't believe he ever existed anywhere except for some folk's fevered imaginings.

At best I think people who say this are trying to be nice by sharing a thought that gives them comfort in hopes it will give you comfort. People don’t say this to me for whatever reason but I would imagine it would be awkward regardless of who said it. If a stranger said it, it would be very presumptuous of them to think it would have any meaning to me at all. If a loved one said it I would wonder why they didn’t say “I love you and will do whatever I can for you because I love you”.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:74166
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.