Agnostic.com

10 6

Which one is it?

Why is it if you do good or have something good happen its god?? Yet if you do bad or have something bad happen..its the devil?? Oh..lets also not forget that if its bad, its god "teaching us a lesson" So...which one is it?? So basically god and the devil have us like puppets on a string?? Lol

Domination101 4 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are certainly a lot of puppets running around or should I say lemmings.

Doing your best or trying to can sometimes go either way. Giving up is not an option. You will never fail, only if you quit.

Not me.

or so they think

If they really existed, then maybe they would. The easter bunny and santa claus have more influence on our lives.

Haha. I think we have the power to do both--create incredible things and destroy them or each other or the pad we live on. I an unsure if religion is about social control or offers multiple reasons not to take responsibility for our creations.

My Jewish parents always threatened "god will punish you."

If I do good it’s me and if I do bad it was the dog.

That works

I mislaid my pen at a workshop and, because it was March 17, I said, "Leprechauns probably took it". During the next coffee break, one of the men attending the course lambasted me for defying god with my belief in the supernatural and leprechauns in particular. He went on about Satan, demonic possession and how my comment had defiled the entire class. I was afraid he was going to assault me, but all I could think was "but you believe in the physical existence of Satan?!" It was a very odd encounter.

Yup, people are nuts, did you find your pen?

@ArdentAtheist No, never found the pen. It could be buried in a pot of gold somewhere in Ireland 🙂

What was this a course in? Did you at least ask his opinion on Santa, an Elf, of course, or with the Easter Bunny? Ask him if he ever slipped a fin under his kids' pillows when they lost teeth?

@andygee It was a week long job-finding workshop. There was no need to ask him about those other characters as he mentioned them all in the rant. Plus, I needed to get to the bathroom.

@pixiedust I think he took your pen and was offended you called him a leprechaun...after all he just prays for forgiveness and in gods good graces again

@gigihein Well, he was relatively short and skinny. LOL

@pixiedust I knew it!

People in general have difficulty accepting responsibility for their own actions. It's easier to abdicate to someone/something else.

Duke Level 8 May 7, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:76045
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.