Agnostic.com

17 6

LINK Catholics call Met Gala outfits 'blasphemous' [Video]

As a fashionista I am loving this

AmelieMatisse 8 May 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not blasphemous but they were all 100% tacky as F.

I could not have loved it more. They all looked amazing. And it’s a theme for Christ sake (pun fully intended).

Some fantastic costumes!

I'm shocked. That's shocking.

Good. More middle age rantings for the whole world to see how backward they are. They should be yelling about all the pedophilia and cover-ups by their own hierarchy. What about all the jewel encrusted religious people wear from day to day to show how pious they are. What is it about the sanctification of symbols, religious and national (flag and rituals)?
Fashionista huh. you would love our take-it-or-leave-it store (not).

I also buy from consignment shops as it is lots of fun.

@AmelieMatisse You would absolutely love an annual event we have here to support our transfer station and take-it-or-leave-it shop. It is called Trashion-Fashion. [lopezlibrary.org]

It doesn't matter what Catholics say or think as long as they provide a safe harbor for boy lovers and talk about feeding poor people, but won't sell Vatican treasures to feed the poor.

Well, as a lapsed catholic, I didn't see much wrong with it. Were they offended by a woman wearing the miter? Meh. Were the offended by the fact they have been a major influence on art for centuries... a little rediculious. I have not seen much to be offended by.

Women's bodies are on display and men's aren't in these types of events.. It's an unequal sexualisation that irritates me.

There were some creative looks here though, I have to say... but overall religious iconography is so passé. It's tedious. Crucifixes have become synonymous with pop stars and fashion houses.

It's not just last season, it's last century.

Part of that is the men aren't as much into dress up as the women although I'm hearing that Tom Brady is getting bad reviews for his jacket. And unfortunately a lot of women what to go for the shock and awe of sexual clothing. Haven't seen many men in a cod piece or loincloth at big events. And also men get bashed as gay when they go over the clothing edge, and that is sad

Catholics are among the most offensive group in the christian category.

Yeah true, but the fanciest in religious regalia. I'd totally do Joan of Arc just to ride in on that big white stallion

They never heard freedom of expression. Catholics are just as sexist as any other christain cult.

Who gives a shit!

Everyday I wake up and the first thing I think is 'I sure hope I don't offend the Catholics' pfft, whatever.

It's no wonder their god doesn't make himself evident; he spends too much time crying in the corner whenever a mean human teases him!

Well, given that blasphemy and heresy are completely victim-less 'crimes', and their abject hypocrisy over their crimes against humanity, their pitiful protestations over the Met Gala are totally absurd and pointless.

I don't understand why these movie stars wanted to look "catholic" in the first place.

Actually it wasn't in order to look Catholic. The event is the annual Met Gala to raise money for the arts and the theme was how religion has effected fashion. Honestly I would not have wanted to go dressed as a nun....maybe Joan of Arc complete with white stallion would suit me. And I don't think the Baptists or Seventh Day Adventists are doing much of interest in religious regalia so you have to pick the Catholics who always overdo it. Think of it as a very expensive Halloween party.

My favourite comment there was
So much blasphemy, I'm glad I'm not watching it

That sums up up the religious attitude to the world in a nutshell.

Of course they did - a holier-than-thou bunch, quick to judge and condemn anything that they don't understand - which is a whole lot !

I would love to have been there - what a show of imagination !

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:76611
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.