Agnostic.com

40 4

Movie night! What is your favorite drama?

Mine is Jean de Florette (1986) 🌼 Most people I meet have never heard of it and I love showing it to them. Must have watched it 15 times now.

I am in the mood for something amazing to watch, suggestions?

robdowney 5 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

40 comments (26 - 40)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest

I was watching that a couple years back and almost didn't recognize Danny Devito! He was so young and wacky in that film. Epic flick.

In my DVD's for sure...."

The Lion in Winter. My favorite movie of any type.

Saturday night is all about cheesy Sci Fi on Svengoolie. Although tonight is a good movie, The Blob. The real one with Steve McQueen.

I remember the old Blob movie but I didn't think Steve was in it. Old Harvey Mushman (his fake name used to enter a motorcycle race without anyone knowing it was him) is my hero. Now let's see if I can find this on youtube or a streaming service.

Oh yes and Anita Corseult, not sure of the spelling, Helen Crump from Mayberry.

Cool Hand Luke!!!!!

My son's middle name is Luke, I have seen it 🙂 Haven't watched it with him yet however, time to find my dvd so we can watch it together.

The Blues Blues Brothers

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses....

You better think! It's not a drama.

Ordinary People or American Beauty.

Probably an old Paul Newman movie that I saw in my youth called Cool Hand Luke....and the line that has always stuck in my mind and so relatable to me at the time...."What we have here is a failure to communicate".

RonB Level 5 May 15, 2018

"Dear Boys: Playin' it cool. Luke." My sons middle name is Luke, I am familiar with the movie! LOL

Great movie; studied it in film class during my college years.

One of my all time favs. Fav line is " I wish you'd quit being so good to me, Captain".

I love both Jean de Florette and the sequel, Manon of the Spring. Manon is the daughter of Jean de Florette, and she gets her revenge.

Thanks for posting this. I just put in a request for these from the library.

Another one would be, 'Delicatessen'...

That was somewhat disturbing LOL Guy had great rhythm though

Delicatessan....one of the funniest movies I ever saw with a great cast too.

To be honest, if I need drama, I just go home.

Inherit the Wind with Spencer Tracy and Gene Kelly. Loved Gene in this one of his very few non-musical roles!

Sticks48 took mine but Casablanca is worth at least 2!!!!!!!!!!!

yes I liked Jean de Florette - I would reccomend 'Kicks' a film based in Liverpool by Lindy heymann and Leigh Campbell

I loved "Jean de Florette" but you have to be able to watch "Manon of the Spring" to see how it ends!

A non-Tarantino film in my personal top five is "Gattaca," a drama by Andrew Niccol. Set in an indeterminate, somewhat dystopian future, a young man fights to pursue his dreams in a society where most people have been genetically engineered. Fabulous retro-futuristic art direction and outstanding performances from Ethan Hawke, Uma Thurman, Jude Law, and Tony Shalhoub.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:79248
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.