Agnostic.com

63 3

Favorite Author? Just one!

For me, Gabriel García Márquez. I have had many most favorites over the years and binged them all but Gabo has spoiled me for the rest. I re-re-read him and am now struggling to read the originals in Spanish

TravelinTom 5 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

63 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Isaac Asimov- the foundation series was awesome

Mark Twain. There are many other and some more modern, but Mark Twain made the biggest impression on me as a young person.

Isaac Asimov

I read his joke book

Pratchett.

Yep, me too.

Yes!

Doug Adams - The Hitchhiker's Guide series and the Dirk Gently series are great

I love the Hitchhikers trilogy. All six books 😉

Interesting trivia, it actually started as a radio show, and the books came later.

For Dirk Gently, have you seen the (recently ended/cancelled) series? Seriously outrageously strange, but it grew on me.

Phillip K Dick. His stories are so imaginative and chock full of wonderful philosophy. He can be hard to read at times but it's worth it.

I also like the Enderverse series by Orson Scott Card.

George RR Martin

Marz Level 7 May 13, 2018

Kurt Vonnegut.

Yeah one of my favorites too!

JRR Toklein. Author of Lord Of The Rings and The Hobbit. The most beautiful English ever written. Buy them for your children and read them yourself!

Steinbeck

J.R.R. Tolkien

Philip Kendred Dick

Tolkien with Asimov and Clark close 2nds..

Douglas Adams

I love Dean Koontz.

Mark Twain

cava Level 7 May 13, 2018

Edgar Allen Poe, interestingly I do not like horror.

Mine is Christopher Hitchens. This mans mind trapped everything he read for recall at the appropriate time.

Roger Zelazny. No contest for me.

Dan Brown. 🙂 i was thrilled by his brain twisting ideas specially his “digital fortress”

Milan Kundera.
all answers subject to change in 5, 4, 3, 2.....

Carl Hiaasen is one of my favorites. He is laugh out loud funny and because I lived in Florida for 20 some years I can relate to the surroundings and characters in his books.

Terry Pratchett, if I'm only allowed one.

Joseph Heller Catch 22 is the greatest novel ever written.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:80108
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.