Agnostic.com

13 2

Music/songs

Do you have songs or music that make you cry when you hear them? Why?

Booklover 7 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Camp Granada used to bring tears to my eyes, I laughed so hard the first time I heard it.

I've been so depressed lately that any love song will do it. I'm unashamedly lonely. I keep trying to cheer myself up. I guess I need to listen to other types of music. Humorous stuff? I'm terribly fond of a song called El Camino man.

Crikey it would have to be Johnny Cash and Hurt. Brings a lump to my throat every time.

Two songs: "Up Where We Belong" by Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes, and "For Good" from the musical "Wicked" -- both remind me of people I miss who are no longer in my life.

Several Pink Floyd songs, Maiden’s Hallowed be thy Name, some Greydon Square, some Outkast, some Misfits, Samhain, and Danzig. Because I miss my son.

"How Great Thou Art", because it's been played at darned near every loved one's funeral.

"Stand By Me", because it was our wedding song (he was killed by cancer).

Zster Level 8 May 13, 2018

Great Poetry that puts a Song by the Originator. Bob Dylan, Beatles, John Prine, Kris Kristoferson, Prince, Duke Ellington, George Gershwin, Cole Porter, Billy Holiday, Sarah Vaughn, TONY BENET, Janis Joplin, I have many more, but I need a rest to recollect.

I'm a man, I can't admit to that stuff.

Anything by Taylor Swift, becuase it makes me sad she has gotten rich and famous writing and singing that crap!

Michael Bolten and Nickelback too.

Good one!

Yes, as it happens - and I don't really know why.

The second movement of Dmitry Shostakovich's 2nd piano concerto.

Yes - it's a lovely slow movement, but I find myself more effected by it than I should be.

Pretty much everything Steven Wilson has ever written. Postcard, Drive Home, Heartattack In A Layby, The Raven That Refused To Sing, Routine, Lazarus, Stop Swimming, Happy Returns.... That's just the quieter numbers which will rip your heart out.

Even some of his rockers like Arriving Somewhere But Not Here and Anesthitize can get the listener all misty eyed.

Oh yes. I'm a sucker for pathos

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:80533
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.