• 19 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 55 votes
Kbdank71 7 May 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments (26 - 39)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm not married.
I'm pretty happy - it's enough for me to exist.
I'll enter the alternative soon enough.

Was for 27 years,until wife's death due to aggressive lung cancer in 2017 gone two year now,come Sept 13th...

Me and my wife are going through a divorce so definitely not at least on her end cuz she’s the one who wants the divorce

Dfox Level 4 May 27, 2018

Very happily divorced.

No, but I tell people that I am happily single, and believe me, I am that.

Thought I had been fairly happily married for over 30 years, until stumbling upon some REALLY ugly secrets...10 months later I am still numb & hopeless. Some days I just feel like I'm waiting for the kids to grow up so I can die. I never knew him at all.

Carin Level 8 May 22, 2018

I was happily married... once ⭐... but she wasn’t. She never did tell me why, other than, “I’m not happy, I don’t love you any more...” (sounds like song lyrics)
*... I married again, seems we were married a lot longer time than the nine years we were together, I’d say we were pretty happy, we had six really good years until she died, (ALS)
Wow... just took a look at the poll, curious numbers... which gives me an idea for a post.

Tomas Level 7 May 22, 2018

What's marriage?

Sometimes I think that people don't take the time to find out about their prospective partner. They rush in, sometimes its insecurity, sometimes its lust. For me I took a year, and really got to know my future wife, in so many ways, she was a virgin, and we didnt have sex for 3 months into the relationship. I was patient, and gentle, at all times trying to be considerate of her feelings. One thing I learned, is that you can leave your job, the state you live in and your significant other, but where ever you go, you take you with you. Unless you clean up your messes, then I don't believe your marriage will be a success. Is our 52 years of being married perfect, hell no, what marriage is, but at least we fight fare, and don't go to be upset at each other. I am very lucky, but then I worked very hard at making my marriage a success. My wife isnt jealous, or possessive or controlling, and neither am i, I don't own her, she isnt a piece of property, but communication is so important, and now I hope for many more years of happiness.

I was. She died.

Widower, was happy, then she got sick.

I'm married but separated, it was ok for a bit but then seriously not good!

Is the pope Jewish?

I am on Marriage 2.0 and it’s great. We’ve used what we’ve learned from our previous marriages and have customized something that really works for us (Yes, that does include non-monogamy). We love the life that we share. Also, we both get along with our respective exes very well. Life has never been better (knock on wood).

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:81783
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.