Agnostic.com

8 1

Carrying a firearm for work or personal protection.

I'm curious about how many folks here have served, or are currently serving their country "under arms".
Also, how many folks carry a sidearm for personal protection. And, which of us may buy, sell, and collect firearms either as a business or hobby. My reason for asking this is that I believe this gives a person an entirely different perspective on life.

• 0 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 5 votes
bigpawbullets 9 May 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Veteran and don't feel the want or need to carry or own a weapon ever again. I have dogs if someone is stupid enough to run the gauntlet between a Belgian Malinois and my 2 Pits and enter my home I may actually "Pray" for them..... Seriously after carrying the baggage of what firearms can do for over 30 years of my life I don't want the responsibility or the risk and all that comes with it in my life ever again. That said, just be cause I am old and pacifistic now doesn't mean I forget how to be violent. Pushed and I may actually help someone have the opportunity to prove to themselves if their god exists or not.

I am an Air Force vet and fired a gun once in basic training. I was a firefighter and the only folks in the military I saw with guns were SP's. I had a rifle and shotgun which I recently sold and now own just a .357. I have no fear which requires me to carry a concealed weapon.

I used 5-inchers in the navy never felt the need for anything smaller.

I have absolutely no reason to carry or own a firearm! I have never needed that much protection or reinforcement! Besides, the deadly use of firearms in my childhood cured me of needing to kill, in order to survive!

In Viet Nam I carried around an M-16 every day. I was lucky and never had to use it. When I came home after my second tour of duty, I never had a need for a gun but fired a gun once or twice for target practice. I never owned one.

In my opinion, anyone who feels a need to carry a gun must be carrying a lot of money on their person (from business to bank) or are involved in illegal activities (drugs) or are scardy-cats.

I think the vast majority of people who think they NEED a gun are scardy-cats.

Thanks for your service brother.
I was in country 72-73......

What is LEO? FFL/C&R?

LEO = Law Enforcement Officer
FFL / CR = licenced firearms dealers.

Nevada has traditionally been a firearm-friendly state, although that may be changing come this election cycle in the aftermath of last year's tragedy. I don't think it will affect me but it's certainly possible.

No way-whatever for?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:82788
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.