Agnostic.com

11 2

Wouldn’t the Bible be considered a book full of hear-say?

I was told once when I was little that you had to believe everything out of the Bible to be a true believer and avoid going to Hell. It if the Bible is written by different authors, how could it be possible to believe it fully without any doubts what’s so ever? I’m guessing God was sitting up in the clouds somewhere or outside of Space and time, telling his people ,” write this and write that.” If a person goes to court and tell a judge this person said this and that, the judge wouldn’t take the case as accurate, but hear-say. So how would it be just to send people to Hell if they didn’t believe everything in the Bible when it was written by a bunch of different authors that kept contradicting itself? That whole book is a joke. I look at the Bible as one whole big bad story line between good and evil.

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In my opinion, the bible is best ignored. There may be some true things in there, but how would you identify them? My guess is there are very few, anyway.

You would think a rational intelligent person would totally ignore all the bible bullshit...but fear is a terrific motivator for the ignorant..

Whenever I hear someone say the Bible is the literal, inerrant word of God, I can't help but wonder why there are so many different translations and interpretations of scripture, even among fundamentalists. It seems unlikely that a perfect book would have so many manuscripts with so many discrepancies, from which so many translations were produced, and even when working from the same translation the Bible scholars can't agree on exactly what various passages mean or what it's telling people in terms of how to live their lives.

its a waste of wood

It is a joke. No woman helped write it.

The Bible is not a fairy tale, its an anthology of fairy tales...

You are right. The bible is not a coherent book. Rather it is a collection of cultural mythology written by a diverse collectio9n of authors over a long period of time and edited to justify and support a particular theology That is its reality and its purpose as the core book of a religion.

It is a collection of second and third hand stories.

Back when written books were few and far between, there was oral history. Then finally, somebody writes down this oral history, replete with all the expected mythology that gets built up.

godef Level 7 Dec 15, 2017

It's just poorly-written fiction. It's plagiarized and cannibalized every ancient text that came before it. There is nothing remotely credible about it.

Greatest piece of fiction ever written-Old Testament.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8533
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.