Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK Westboro Baptist Church Visit

So this collection of turds is visiting a town a few miles from me next week. They take pleasure in spouting their odious crap at places where they know they will really piss people off (funerals for military vets or LGTBQ folks, graduations...) Luckily they usually draw a large counter protest designed to shield the event from them. Have any members on here experienced having this group come to their community?

TrailRider 7 May 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They threatened to do it when a state police officer was gunned down in my PA hometown, but the locals let them know they were ready to take vigorous physical action against them, and they wussed out. Aren't most of the "church members" actually in the same family? And you wonder why they discourage inbreeding. I do NOT deny these fucking morons have a right to say what they want due to the (currently under siege) bill of rights, but that doesn't protect them from the consequences their actions may inspire - which maybe "inspire" isn't the right word when referring to these idiots.

When we had our big 2009 flood they threatened to come but never actually did.

Lilie Level 6 May 20, 2018

No and I hope I never have to experience their kind of ‘sickness!’ Hope you can counter their protest!

These are truly vicious demagogues who only know how to hate, distort, and instigate. Their church was formed by Phelps and his family still forms the core of the group. The fact is that Fred, his son and daughter were lawyers who were disbarred in Kansas for unethical conduct. Yet, they former this perverted church of sheer haters. Wherever they go, they should be met with a counter-demonstration which depicts them as the moral perverts they really are.

These people are still a thing? So glad they no longer make national news. Just remember most of them are lawyers and they know free speech laws. Heckling them and standing between them and the funeral is good, but don't engage them. I feel for the kids... was kinda hoping they would fall apart when Fred died

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:86054
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.