Agnostic.com

38 3

Do you use any form of the word Jesus Christ when/if you swear?

MyLiege 7 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

oh yeah, I try to hit all the religions with my swearing....but normally, it's good old fashion jesus fucking christ on a pogo stick....holy cows on crosses if I am vexed but amused....I had a friend who used to say 'nun tits!' when he was mad....always killed me...

I have a friend who always says "nun tits" after he sneezes! I love it!

β€œNun tits” hahaha!!

@MyLiege when I sneeze I say the words "god damn it" no one knows what to do πŸ™‚

There's nothing off limits if you're cursing. Unless someone complains, it is all fair game, all the time. Express yourself, and talk to HR later.

Always godammit! (My autocorrect wants to change it to go dammit.) Religion is everywhere ;-(

"Jesus Fucking Christ" for really stupid shit, "Oh Jesus" for medium stupid shit.

Sometimes if I'm exacerbated I'll shriek "Jesus Fucking Christ" and I was never a Christian.

Yes

Oddly enough, I combine the names of the alleged deity and the recently deceased former US president:
β€œJesus Herbert Walker Christ!”

Jesus Christ on a bicycle! Jumpin Jesus on a pogo stick! Jesus, joseph, and, Mary! These are the exclamations I grew up with.

Sounds like Frankie on the Netflix show Grace and Frankie.

Foul language is kind of cheap. One of the tenets prevalent here in the rural south that I have grown to agree with is it's better not to cuss at all. You never know who you might offend, and there s always a better way to express oneself.
But under my breath at work, when a drill bit breaks, or some other tradesman's shortcuts make my life harder, I say the most offensive things. I need to quit that too, because you never know when someone will walk up behind you. I substitute with Fark and Shiite.

I prefer "Jesus tits"

Lol

I say it a lot. Only in an expletive form. I'll add "jesus F-ing christ" or "jesus godd*** christ!." Or "OMFG!"

Me too! Lol

I was quite potty mouthed when I was younger and in the Army. I cleaned up after the kids started coming. Kids grown up, post divorce I only swear in traffic, usually. I also have a job with a big customer service component, I have to be really careful not to swear on the phone. And now there is a grandchild and I really don't want her first word to be F**k. I come up with other expressions that on the surface sound OK, Jeebus gets used frequently, and Jeebus Christopher. Stronger stuff usually stays in my head, but I am sure I am not far from the day when that little censor is going to be sleeping on the job, and jeebus christopher there will be hell to pay then.

I say Jesus H Christ, but I don't know what the H stands for.

Holy? Hell? Lol. I don’t know either. πŸ˜‰

Ever heard this one?

Damn your son all to hell.

This one came from one of my finish carpenters when something just wouldn't fit.

Sonofanailhimtothecrossandletimrot.

Early morning rush in the subway.

Fuck god and his son too.

As for me, I rarely use Jesus Christ. It's so much easier and much quicker to just say, "Shit!" It also appears to be the favorite last words on black boxes.

Sometimes, but I'm more of an f-bomb person. As a side note though, my oldest daughter is atheist as well and when she was in 6th grade she developed a habit of saying "Jesus Christ!" Apparently, one of her teachers took offense to that (public school) and gave her a mini-lecture on it. We told her that while she can't really enforce that you do not say it, if she finds it offensive then at least try to avoid saying it in front of her out of respect. But, if she gets really snotty about it, let us know because we will have a talk with her. I suggested she consider saying "Judas Priest" because I suspected that her teacher may somehow be bothered by that as well but that it was in no way breaking any of her Christian rules. Just to thumb her nose in her face, so to speak. πŸ™‚

Love it!

I use Jesus Fucking Christ way too often, lol. Jesus, Jesus Christ...I try not to use JFC too much in front of my Christian co-workers, but sometimes I do it on purpose because some people deserve to be offended, lol
And, to all of you that say β€œJumping Jesus on a pogo stick,” I love you!!!!

Of course! Jesus H. Christ, Jesus f--ing Christ, or sometimes I'll just say cheese and rice.

Yes. Usually just say Jesus or Jesuus christ!

I try to avoid any type of religious swearing.

Jesus fucking tap dancing Christ I do!

My exceptions to true profanity are Schmeg, Smurf, and Jesus Fuck!

I have to admit, its part of my lexicon

Jesus Christ on a bicycle! Jumpin Jesus on a pogo stick! Jesus, joseph, and, Mary!

I've removed god and jesus christ from my vocabulary ever since I found out about the hate it delivers for non-xtians I don't need that negativity in my life.

Yes. Some sort of expression.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8627
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.