Agnostic.com

13 4

Let us end the blight of religion and replace it with knowledge, reason, and the unyielding pursuit of the truth.

Ericenglish85 3 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Here, we're already doing that.

Otherwise - good luck ...

Wish we could but people are brainwashed and fearful.

I agree 110%.

Yes!!

You preaching to the choir?

6000 years of religion won't go away quickly. You'll need to replace it with something that gives people more than what religion gave them. You'll also have to repackage atheism in order to sell it to the masses because as is they ain't buying it.

SamL Level 7 Dec 16, 2017

Only problem with your comment is that there are no atheist missionaries going around attempting to convert anyone. No church, no brainwashing and no form of indoctrination.I don't believe anyone here was convinced or turned by anyone else. To be a freethinker, one has to come to that realization on his or her own. No one convinced me to be an atheist, and I have never tried to convert or turn anyone into an atheist.When that light goes on, and one starts to question the teachings of religion, it is not coerced or preached by another.

Both the scientist and the believer ask the same question. " What is the universe and what is my place in it "?
It isn't religion in itself which harms people but the misguided practice of it. The idea that everyone should believe the same thing and the use of religion as a tool for domination. This is what gives religion its bad reputation.
Science can be used in the same way. Don't think that many inhuman barbarities have not been committed in the name of objective science.Science has been equally used as a tool for domination just as much as religion.
Science and religion must meet in the search for self-enlightenment not as enemies but as partners.

That MUST be our enduring goal!

The problem isn't religion: it's DELUSIONAL religion. People benefit from having rituals and values that give them a sense of place and purpose and guidance in life. They can have that without believing in invisible people with super powers.

As George Orwell said: "In a Time of Universal Deceit — Telling the Truth Is a Revolutionary Act.""

As I recall, the church seriously hurt some people who tried to do that.

Do you think Church is going to give up Power?

Yes...but no anytime soon.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8662
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.