Agnostic.com

11 0

Any reaction when you see the religious "fish" symbol on the back of a car or in an ad for a business?

Specman 6 Dec 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

For years I thought it was the symbol for I'D RATHER BE FISHING then I heard the jesus thing, now on the history channel I hear that this symbol turned 90 degrees clockwise was an Egyptian fertility symbol because it looked like a vagina. I'm done thinking about it.

I reactively think of my religious upbringing and realize that some people are happy believing what their parents taught them without question, I may think of them, as spiritually less evolved and maybe not too bright to some degree, but I am open-minded until I get to know them, but these are my instincts.

I laugh a little. People are allowed to believe what they want, and a bumper sticker or two isn't going to hurt me. Just don't try to force me to believe. If they want to wear their belief on their sleeve (or car), I would point out to them that, since they believe in sin, they are guilty of the sin of pride.

No reaction to that, but I can't stand the I'm Catholic and I vote. Who cares!!!!!

My daughter and I take a picture of the worst and send them to each other. I got a take out menu from a pizza parlor that had Have a blessed day at the end of the menu. I called and asked what the hell that had to do with pizza. I showed my daughter. She called too. Feel free to practice your religion but keep it off your menu please

None what so ever... I learned to Ignore things.

Unfortunately I deal with a lot of religious people in my line of work. I had a bumper sticker that says "Atheism is Myth Understood". I would never make any money in my current line of work if I had it on my car.

Drives me away from the business as my experience is that anyone who uses their personal religion as a form of advertising is not likely to have much else about their business to advertise it.

Seeing the stickers on cars tend to just make me roll my eyes.

Zster Level 8 Dec 17, 2017

I lose respect for the driver and I try to avoid the business.

I love to see the fish with legs:

[understandthetimes.org]

BD66 Level 8 Dec 17, 2017

I laugh, and think of the ones with feet, that say "Darwin" inside. Then I get around to pitying their self-delusions, and lack of taste in car ornaments.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8886
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.