Agnostic.com

9 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Powerful! ~ thank you

Varn Level 8 Dec 18, 2017

I think the most important part of what he's saying is that people who knew him as a believer and preacher are turning their back on him and no longer consider him a friend, even though he's the same person they knew otherwise. I recall reading an account from someone who came out as atheist to his friends and they shunned him, even though they'd known him for years and just didn't know he was a nonbeliever. He thought they were joking, but they asked him to stop contacting them. It was a heartbreaking story.

That made me think of the talk Matt Dillahunty gave in his Atheist Debates talk about the Bible's Sermon on the Mount.

Amazing...thanks for sharing

This was powerful and realistic. The Bible condones slavery and was written to manipulate Afro-Americans into accepting this designation.

Very heartfelt, very sincere. But just for the record, there is external corroboration for at least David, Cyrus, Nebuchadnezzar. And for the fact that communicable diseases can be mitigated by isolation of the infected and sanitation; the observation that there was a period of co-habitation with another species of Homo, fire-hardened bricks were invented around the area we believe Shinar to be, Jurisprudence is better when you have the right to bail, an attorney, a public trial, and to see an indictment, etc. None of that means that there is an invisible man in the sky, but it does mean that the truth value -- allusional or literal -- of many of the assorted 60+ books is far from nil.

Looks like someone woke up. 🙂 Love it finally, someone in the ministry decided to do some research and got the shock of his life. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Dec 18, 2017

Oh, I agree with him. I too, was in the church. I just couldn't accept the bullshit stories anymore.

Love that the Freedom from Religion Foundation supports clergy who are leaving their jobs and careers behind after discovering the real truth.

The Roman Catholic Church, most corrupt , most hateful...look at the many cases of sexual abuse...who knows the real amount...and they want us to believe that a piece of dry bread and wine is the body of christ....fuck all of them...when at 12 I asked the parish priest why they could not marry, since one of the so call commandments is to marry and multiply...no answer that made any sense to me...so right then and there I started my questioning of the whole thing...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9047
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.