Agnostic.com

7 1

Why should I pay taxes on my property?

IpraiseMYSELF 6 May 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Personally, it's technically not your property. "Owning" land is a bizarre concept from the get-go. Earth never set up an "I call dibs" system, and that we have one now is part of the reason we have so much suffering. At any minute the planet can take those things away: floods, tornadoes, earthquakes, termites, ants... and ultimately death.

The other issue is that you only "own" so long as you pay taxes. Skip those taxes, and you're out on the street.

And ultimately, the idea that anything is "mine" is out of sync with nature. We all share this place: predator and prey, animal and parasite, plants and animals... Even who I am affects those around me... especially those who love me. So even "I" am not "my." Who I am, what I do, has a definite impact on others.

True, the land does not belong to anyone ( a Native American concept ), but that is not fair to be taxed on something that you say can not be owned! If the land can not be owned then how can the government charge you for it? Therefore we must play by the rules and I am saying we need to change the tax laws on land!

So they don’t sell your house to someone who will pay their share of the town expenses.

Because otherwise all the people who are giving you a free ride will cheer as you get arrested and punished.

You sound like a teller county hypocritical Christian.

“Taxes are the price we pay for civilization.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes​

It is a great tax write off. It pays to keep rotten kids in school. If your house is on fire, taxes will pay for the fire department to put the fire out. Pot holes will be filled. A tornado siren will alert you to danger.

Do you get town water,sewer, police, firedept, schools, library, public works, snow removal, ambulance by the town? Good reasons huh?

NO I don't get water, sewer, police are worthless as is fire dept. who let half of Colo. burn to the ground. Snow removal is not needed as is schools for me Ambulance never comes because is too far away so we have fight for life which sends you a 100,000 dollar bill! I have not heard one good reason.

Seriously? Do you want to help fund a fire department, so your property won't be lost in a house fire? Do you want to help fund emergency medical services? How about paying for roads so you can drive safely in your community? Isn't it to your advantage to have well-educated neighbors? They'll need schools. All these things are funded through taxes.

I have already commented about all you say except the roads because we have dirt roads that we fix our self!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:93830
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.