Agnostic.com

34 4

Pawning/selling wedding jewelry

For those that are divorced, what did you do with your engagement ring and wedding band?

My divorce was super amicable and I had planned on giving my rings to my daughters when they're older. Now I need cash and I'm going to see what I can get for them. I'm feeling a little guilty though.

• 20 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 17 votes
Marcie1974 8 May 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ours were sterling silver. I took mine and melted it into an ingot, stamped it with its element and purity, and added a ring on top so I could wear it around my neck if I needed a reminder. So you could say that it has now been 'purified by fire'.

I pawned my wedding rings. They were lovely, but had no place in my life or wardrobe. I certainly didn't want to give them to my daughter. Out with the old!

I didn't pawn it but sold it at a jeweler.

I was drunk, in a truck with two guys I met at a bar and tossed my rings out the window somewhere on I4. Not the smartest plan but it felt right in the moment and I really don't regret it

I have mine, no clue if my ex sold hers or not but as I recall hers was a few grand and mine was $700. ... I bet if i went to sell it it would be worth far less... it’s in a jewelry box, not thought about in years, maybe I’ll sell it having seen this post, I can always use another guitar.

You won't get too much if you sell them. I was very disappointed when I sold my engagement ring after that relationship was over. Took me a while to feel ok with selling it. I only ended up with $30 for the gold.

My husband broke our rings wearing them while working on cars. They were long gone before the divorce. I had a diamond promise ring from a previous boyfriend and my husband gave that to one of his girlfriends.

Why does one have to be divorced? My late partner's ring was a problem. Her daughter didn't want it and I don't know what to do with it. She donated her other jewelry and other valuable items to our local domestic violence awareness group but the ring got left out. I'd hate to sell it so I'll just keep it for now.

I kept it. If I needed money, I'd take it to see what it was worth because I don't have any attachment to it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:94779
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.