Agnostic.com

84 14

Casual relationship

A casual relationship where both parties are expected to be monogamous. What would you call that??

ashortbeauty 8 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

84 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fling. When there’s no longterm expectation. Longterm feelings, however, may be harder to avoid.

Marz Level 7 May 31, 2018

A relationship? I guess I don't understand the differences of relationships. If you're together and monogamous then you're in a monogamous relationship. Why is it any different than a committed monogamous relationship?

It will forever be in this spot -no more no less

Monogamous to whom?

Casual to me means social, sharing of interests and activities and no obligations beyond honoring plans to get together. It also means either I or any of those causal female friends might or might not have a closer, non-casual relationship with another person that includes exclusive sexual intimacy.

The question is what would I call it? I'd call it premature. I call it mutual short-selling.

The attitude isn't rooted in prudishness at all. Many jump to that conclusion. Casual sex can be a great experience compared to no sex. The same can be said for other kinds of exhilarating experiences providing a secondary short-cut to a 'settled for' substitute. Artifice always delays or prevents progress toward what is genuine.

All, admittedly, are not addictive types. For those who are, the roots of addiction are to be found in substitutes. One never gets enough of a substitute emptiness gradually grows. So little of what's authentic is required to satiate; causing fulfillment and relaxation.

My understanding is that when it becomes mutually exclusive, it becomes a relationship, and therefore no longer casual.

A relationship. If you've both committed to monogamy then it isn't casual, imho

Not casual...

I've never heard of it and don't think it has a term.

I would have to say though that if I was interested in a person enough to want them to be monogamous, I'd probably want something more than casual.

Agreed

that's what I would really like as it goes. I don't care what its called. it definitely wouldn't just be about sex

That is a contradiction! At least in my view.

That is not a casual relationship. FWB is casual and not exclusive.

A drag.

I never been a slave owner. I never owned anyone. Not even my wife when used to have one, she wasn't mine.

Wistful thinking 🙂

I would call it my kind of relationship. That has been what most of my relationships have been, what I prefer and still look for to this day.

I'm hearing that from a lot of males...

@ashortbeauty If you read my profile you will see that I stated my position right up front for all to see.

@jlynn37 I know

@ashortbeauty Thank you.

Casually serious

Shall we try together first

IAS1 Level 5 May 31, 2018

Your profile sounds ideal

Dating

No answer !

Friends

Coldo Level 8 May 31, 2018

Marriage is unatural. I researched years ago about it as a Reproductive Health Educator out of Chicago, my first occupation out of College. I recall that a judge and an attorney came up with this thing called marriage all in the name of $$$. They knew that the average couple would remain together for only a few years and part ways. Think about it; to to go hire a stranger , a lawyer and pay big money to part ways in front of another stranger called a judge, is big BUSINESS! When I speak of unatural, it’s something man made. Marriage doesn’t grow on trees or originate from seeds. What’s natural? Examples are: sex, eating, bowel moment, speaking, breathing, emotions, walking, seeing, etc. What are your thoughts about humans being monogamous or polygamous; marriage being natural or unnatural?
RawLuv ❤️

What does any of that have to do with the question?

It isn't relevant to the question, but every culture that's been found by anthropologists has some form of marriage. It's often not monogamous and may be polyandrous or polygamous, but there's a ceremony and recognition by the rest of the group

Expected? Trouble! No expectations is how you approach another personality.
Speak truth about self. First into the mirror, then to others.

Crazy?

What do YOU want? Do your expectations matter? It sounds like a way to get sex without the drama that accompanies it. Musician style. IJS.

Going steady, Your not living together, married, engaged or committed in any way except monogamy. If you decide to see someone else you end it. I spent 15 years with a partner but we still described it as casual. No kids or bits of paper just a hand shake. When it ended we still stayed friends.

Is it a new relationship or have they been together for awhile?

For a while

@ashortbeauty if they both are happy in the situation. Then it doesn’t really matter.

@Neeooo420 one's questioning and not completely contento

@ashortbeauty Maybe it's time to get out?

@Neeooo420 possibly

@ashortbeauty It’s tough to just walk away from a relationship though. If you’re in love. That old heart won’t allow you to give up so easily lol.

@Neeooo420 it can be, yes

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:95161
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.