Agnostic.com

8 0

Education or Indoctrination?

Do you believe that the school system has exchanged teaching for indoctrination? Are our kids being groomed for the New World Order by using tactics like abolishing cursive writing, and using fear tactics to make parents medicate our sons and daughters so they can brainwash our free-thinking inquisitive kids?

Anomalie 2 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And, how would abolishing cursive writing part of this supposed New World Order?

It is redundant; and, if not done well, is harder to read. I can barely read my own at times.

Although, I do think that one must be very cautious before starting to medicate kids for things like ADHD, etc. In my opinion, kids need more active time so they can burn excess energy.

[history.com]

As the husband of a teacher, I can tell you that she's not doing anything but trying to help her kids learn. There's no 'New World Order' going on and no push to medicate the children who are more mentally alert. They're the ones she treasures and tries to engage.

This "new world order" garbage is a contrived pile of totally false crap. Thank the religious right and Republican ideologues for weakening our schools and for trying to keep our population from becoming critical thinkers and good decision-makers.

Both of my kids have been educated, not indoctrinated. I have quite a lot of input and stay in touch with the teachers who know what we hope to get out of each course. My kids take a rigorous course load, which is taught by teachers who encourage independent thinking.

That said. Kids taking the less rigorous classes seem to be being groomed to be docile followers. It's strange that such can be a product of the same school system. It's almost like two schools within one.

Zster Level 8 Dec 21, 2017

You can function as an individual without education. You could grunt, scratch yourself, and be dominated by fight or flight responses for the extent of your very short life as prey.

Or, you could indoctrinate, rebel, rage, learn, and evolve.

My girls are long done with public school so I don't know whats going on in Merrimack,NH. Some kids do need help. My daughter, now 22 was in counseling at 15-should have been on meds for ADHD which she inherited from me. With her father's support she rejected the meds and ended up a high school dropout. No one could brainwash Jesse. She would tell them exactly where they could get off. Meds might have helped her.

Assuming you're speaking about the United States, the educational system is truly atrocious for a country that claims to be as good as it is. The education is geared towards creating more followers. Mostly the rich get to go to schools where leadership and critical thinking is taught. The problem there is that there's probably no one there that would make a good leader that anyone would follow. Aside from that, the system is geared towards seniority not curriculum. Good teachers get frustrated and leave.

SamL Level 7 Dec 21, 2017

New world order? What medication specifically, I need more information...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9547
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.