Agnostic.com

32 8

Anybody else out there who is owned by a critter?

I'm not my dog's owner; he owns me. Anyone else in a similar circumstance?

tioteo 8 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm owned by a 14 year old mutt, and a large 4 year old German Shepherd. Both rescues.

I'm owned by three... is that better or worse? They run my life. We each rescued each other. We're a team.

Samoyeds

They are beautiful!

Whose grocery bill is higher? Yours or theirs?

@MikeEC Interesting question... I hadn't thought of this before. I used to weigh more than the 3 combined, but now I'm 40# less than them, so they definitely eat more. And since we eat much of the same things, fruit, veggies & chicken breast (but no, I do not share their very pricey dog food)... their share of the grocery bill is indeed higher than mine. And the vet bill and meds cost is considerably higher than my own medical and dental expenses. And boarding when I travel... yikes! They're well worth it.

@Countrywoman Yup, you got it. Few know that.

This prick owns the apartment.

He looks adorable!

Not me, but that is because I don't want that responsibility. However, I get to hang out with all the dogs that visit the store that I work in. Dogs are really cool. One day I am going to settle down and get me a dog.

Better than getting a dog & then realizing the "burden" they place, that some of us thrive upon. that is the right decision.

I have a dog and a cat that I report to, every 2nd weekend I have another dog stay here who is suffering from mobility issues, she barks and I lift her to her feet, all day and all night.

I'm a servant to a dog and a cat....and I pet-sit, so right now, I'm a servant to TWELVE cats...four of whom are only 7 weeks old and are just possibly the most charming things on this planet. Anyone want a kitten? They'll need good homes. (Mom was feral/rescued.)

Yeah, my girlfriend !!

Hmmm....mmmmm….

Prepare for a beating.

@bigpawbullets
Already put the padding in my pants ! Lol

I’m practically just a slave in my own home...to my furry and scaly critters.

I have a furry family member, but if you asked her (and she could talk) she would probably say she owns me. That is my assumption of a cat's mentality.

These are my boys, a yorkie and an airedale. I have to remind them frequently that I am the dog boss!! They don't believe me though. I lucked out though, they are really good dogs. 100 pounds of airedale could be a mess!! But he listens to his big brother (the yorkie) and stays out of trouble most of the time.

I grew up with cats and a few dogs. Mom told me that cats own you and you own dogs. In my experience the dogs "cute" me into submission and just when they get me where they want me...they take over and I'm helpless under their "cute" control. At least cats are up front about it. LOL

Betty Level 8 May 31, 2018

You're closer to correct and it sounds like your mom never had the right experience with dogs.

@mtnhome

The dogs my mom grew up with were working dogs and her opinion was that you can easily train a dog but a cat will train you. 🙂

I think my brother's cat would say that my brother's family are it's pets and they're staying in it's house ......lol

I am owned by 6 cats and a dog

My floofy tater rattie boy....I hope he knows how much I love him and that I think he is the bestest little ratato ever!

He is handsome. What are his favorite programs?

@MikeEC He likes "Stone House Revival" on DIY network! LOL

This dog has owned me for about 7 1/2 years!

<------- I think so. Sitting on my lap now.

I am owned by a big Cane Corso dog, a teensy Cornish Rex cat, 2 horses, and also grandma to my daughter's 3 dogs, her horse, a pregnant donkey, numerous cats, 5 pigs, one with 9 piglets, 3 goats, multiple chickens, geese, ducks, and guineas. Her parrot tolerates me, when my daughter isn't home, but when she is, the parrot ignores me. The piglets have to have lunch every day, and the dogs all have to go out and play every day, so that is my job while my daughter is at work. The horses are Gypsy cobs, so are very hairy and need lots of grooming, scratches, love, and treats, and in exchange, we get to ride them.

I loved my Cornish Rex. His name was Icky. They are wierdly beautiful cats!

I want to hang out with you!

6 cats. Ug. Only one is mine. Who wants a kitty?

There is no ownership, but we are devoted to one another.

You own each other!

I rescue schipperkes. Mostly oldsters when their owners enter assisted living. I dare not visit the shelter as I come home with mass quantities. Cats find me. Rural areas receive what people dump. I take guinea pigs off of Craigslist. The parrot came from the spouses previous commitment. A few chickens just showed up & never left. At one point I had 16 cats in the garage that I caught, neutered & provided safe haven. I was up to 9 dogs, but things have slowed down. I had a few Madagascar cockroaches & a praying mantis. But it is the dogs that own me. I cannot live without them & in my 67 years only spent one devoid of their presence.

Puppy Badger smacking Fluffy, No! for daring to get my attention.

I have 3 dogs, 3 cats, and 4 fish... Some days they run us, but we mostly run them. My baby is a Black German Shepherd. The fish are mine. 1 dog is my husbands, and one cat is the family cat.

1. 2nd Cat we found half frozen outside are office and took in. She is really old and super sweet.
  2. 3rd Cat I was fostering for an animal group I used to be a board member for. She had some issues... She is extreamly fearful, but did so great at my house that we couldn't let her go.
  3. 3rd Dog was also a foster. We were the 7th people to have her when she was less than a year old. She had major issues. She is a small breed (we have 2 large breeds), and she likes to bite everyone. She got my husband and both of my kids the first day ?. Once she settled in, we couldn't let her go, because I am used to aggressive dogs (normally large breeds), and know how to handle and train them.

I refuse to foster anymore. She always gave me the hard cases, and I refuse to have anymore animals.

Currently 3 dogs, but I've also had cats in the past.

@DeepSigh They're fantastic dogs.

Owned by critters — is that a Master-slave subculture of the furry community? ? (Serious answer: I love companion dogs, but I'm not in a position right now to take on a canine friend. Maybe someday I'll have the time and flexibility for another furball.)

I have 3 small doggos... Love my puppies 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:95720
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.