Agnostic.com

5 6

Christmas: If it gets to be too much. If being indoors with all of the celebration, decoration and "tradition" (religious dogma), starts getting to you, I've found a solution that works for me.

Step outside.
Yes step out, away from the insanity. And find what?

Find that the animals don't know. The sun doesn't care. The earth is unknowing about "Christmas" . To all of them, it is just another day. The weather does its thing, just like any other day.

So step away and look at the real world. It's the only one we got.

twill 7 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Today being the Solstice, I thought, how am I going to celebrate? Decided to take a hike, stepped outside where the neighborhood dog was ready to go - and we did! Thanks for the reminder 🙂

Varn Level 8 Dec 21, 2017

I have been a single dad for almost 25 years, my kids are also atheists. Every year we have a house full over xmas time, usually for about 3 weeks. No xmas, no tree, no decorations, no gifts nothing like that. Beach, surfing,pool, board and computer games. A lot of my kids friends are estranged from their families, so they come here, they have become family to each other so this way they don't feel alone, they come back from overseas, interstate and some are local. Recent years has seen a number of elderly people come along also. Purely because they feel so isolated and alienated when the rest of our society does their thing.

Don’t think I’ve ever heard described as beautiful a celebration of this time of year… I’m speechless (and that’s saying a lot)

I should point out, that these kids are mostly grown up now, some have trades, they come and do work for me any time, a few weeks ago the youngest took me camping on an Island I haven't visited for 43 years, so I do very well out of it, they are great people.

I just don't go to those "celebrations". I do my own thing on 12/25.

I try to never let it get to that point. My avoidance techniques have been sharply honed over the years ! All is calm ...

I'd head outside too-cold and snow brings you to reality.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9627
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.