Agnostic.com

22 1

Do you live to work or work to live?

Do you push hard so that you can enjoy the finer things in life? Or is your drive just part of who you are?

kensmile4u 8 June 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I work to live brother!

My job is challenging and my coworkers are great but I would quit in a moments notice if I didn't need money to survive.

Thanks for the comment and the wisdom. Good luck on your journey brother.

Work to live. I have no desire to make someone else rich by slaving for them. Profits are unpaid producer salaries.

Thanks for your comment my Friend. I totally agree with you.

A no brainer, I work (minimally) to live.

Thanks for the comment. I agree with you!

Both, I'm an Ultrasound tech, and I love what I do. Some days I wish I was rich and didn't have to work, but that's because of the folks I work with and not what I actually do.

Thanks for the comment and the wisdom neighbor.

I live for donuts, and work so l can buy donuts.

hahahaha. Thanks for the laugh my friend.

@kensmile4u ?

I am retired, I just live and enjoy it.
ETA: Let me elaborate a bit. I worked all my working life to make money necessary to live on. Had I been born in a wealthy family or had come into wealth otherwise, I would never have worked at all. I worked to live.

Thanks for the comment. Congrats on the retirement. Now you live to enjoy life.

During supervision when i was offered the chance of overtime i used the very words ' i work to live, i don't live to work'. ?

Thanks for the comment.

I am retired of the life for work. Met many that worked hard to one day enjoy the finer things in life, they died. To me the finer things in life can not be bought, so that is why maybe I am alive.

Thanks for the comment and the wisdom my friend.

I used too and now I'm paying dearly for it...it was my obsession to work and bloat out my problems at home, or my feelings of inadequacy. It worked for decades...

I work to live. The income I receive from work allows me to engage in the activities that I like.

I live to work because I want to. I wouldn't like it any other way

Thanks for your comment.

@kensmile4u NP... I may have failed to explain...I like what I do that I would pay them to let me work (of course not gonna tell them). I enjoy the job and most importantly the people I work with.

@IamNobody I have heard if you love what you do then it really never feels like work. I have had jobs like that but they promote you out of them. 😉

@kensmile4u I have been lucky that way, even when I got laid off last year from a job l really loved for 31 years, I landed a new one pretty much right away and the new one so far, seems better !!!... I am a happy camper on that department and still can't get a date ?????

Both. And that is as it should be. One or the other on their own leaves nothing.

Thanks for the comment and the wisdom pahdna.

@kensmile4u -- Mah plezhu, pahdna....

Currently neither. I'm retired. But my drive was a big part of who I was/am

Thanks for the comment. Congrats on the retirement. What is driving you now?

@kensmile4u the goal of getting my other two kids graduated and prepared for the next phase of their lives. They're 15 & 17. My 15 yr old is slated to graduate high school next year

@ashortbeauty Congrats on a job well done Mom. 16 and graduating? Advanced placement?

@kensmile4u yes, since middle school.

@ashortbeauty Impressive! So what will drive you in 2020? 2021?

@kensmile4u it'll be a whole new life. Time will tell

I would say both. I needed to make enough money to live and support my horses, cats, and dog,and myself, so I had to work and work hard. Luckily, I am a midwife, which is such a wonderful, joyful profession, that I loved working. I retired 3 years ago, and living the dream on the farm where I have my horses, dog and cats, but living on a lot less money. I still work on the farm, and it is hard work, but I love it, plus, I get to work with my daughter and son in law, since it is their farm. We all 3 enjoy the farm, and critters, and I am available to take care of it when they are gone on vacation, and they take care of my critters when I am gone.

Thanks for the comment and the story of such a great setup. Enjoy your family and the farm.

I switch between both depending what situation I'm in.

Thanks for the comment. I noticed you are a musician. Do you know about the Godless Musician's group on this site.Checkout the link if you don't.

[agnostic.com]

@kensmile4u I'll check it out thanks.

Currently working to live!

BillF Level 7 June 2, 2018

Thanks for the comment.

When I started my little practice, my business plan was not to get rich, and I succeeded beyond my wildest expectations. 🙂

When I was younger, I thoroughly enjoyed working in a deep way—still dream about working, but work was just a way to repay society for what I needed for a modest living. Best to take lots of time off for family, friends, hobbies, sports, reading, travel, etc.

Thanks for the comment. I agree.

A little of both. When I was younger, it was work to live. Then I found something I really love doing, so I lived to work. Now I'm older and I'm slowing down a bit. I still love what I do for a living, but I enjoy my free time so much that I work just enough to live and to be able to take time off to enjoy my life apart from work. I'm self employed, so I can control how much I work and how much I play. 🙂

Thanks for the comment. Being self employed is great!

The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have

IAS1 Level 5 June 2, 2018

Thanks for the comment and thanks for the wisdom.

both

Thanks for the comment.

1. Both

2. Yes

3. Yes

Thanks for the comment.

@kensmile4u You're welcome for the comment.

Live to work. I love what I do. And working from home, it's always "there".

Love it. Will never work in an office again.

Thanks for the comment. When you love what you do it doesn't seem like work. Congrats on the work from home setup. That creates a lot of freedom. I hope you are spending time out of the box using all five of your senses at elevated levels!

@kensmile4u sadly, I don't have much of a social life. I spend my free time with my pups and doing things around the house/garden.

@kc_anthony Do you have a hobby besides gardening?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:97274
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.