Agnostic.com

6 4

LINK GOP views of accepting refugees to US turn more negative as admissions plummet | Pew Research Center

Interesting new data on refugee acceptance.

While most outlets are focusing on the fact that only 25% of white evangelicals state that we do have a responsibility compared to 65% of non-affiliated, it also bears noticing that blacks and hispanics (67% and 59%) feel more of a responsibility than whites (46%) and that the more college educated you are, the more you are likely to believe we carry a responsibility.

What are you opinions and thoughts on this data?

TheMiddleWay 8 June 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's as i would have predicted.

To me it is more about policies than people. We have a responsibility to provide a healthy environment, natural and economic for our citizens first and then if there is an excess, others can be included. If our environment is crashing it does no good to others to come here and be a part of the malaise. Liberals say we should not be the world's police force and I say we should also not be the world's social worker. ALready 2/3 of our population growth is a direct and indirect result of immigration.

I'm in favor of allowing immigrants into our country in the same proportions of national origins that already exist in our country. I would exclude immigrants from countries that have a policy of treating women as second class citizens.

But then where would those women go to escape their poor treatment?

If the women came to this country would they assert themselves? Or would they continue to accept an inferior position? @MichelleGar1

As the so-called leaders of the 'FREE' world, l believe we do have a responsibility, not only for ourselves to be a better country, but to lead the world to be a better and more compassionate place to live.

@TheMiddleWay
Yeah. We gave ourselves that title.
Kind of silly, isn't it?

@TheMiddleWay l said 'so called.' ☺

Interesting bar charts.
I personally feel we've a greater responsibility to take care of our citizens. From the homeless, to the food insecure, to the impoverished, to the mentally ill..... we've lots of problems to address. I also look at those European countries that have taken in large numbers of refugees and the problems encountered. In my opinion, American citizens first.

I’m a humanist, so I can’t agree with any sort of “me first” in any society.

@FreethoughtKaty
That's OK ma'am. I'm still in the "tribal" phase.
This is why I like this site. We're both able to express our opinions without calling each other "bad names".

I would concur with everything stated. trump is so racist it is criminal.I sure wish his parents had been kept out of the country. Also he got his wife in after she had over stayed her visa.In addition he has by appointing unqualified people to supervise the departments they are removing the power they had or just killing everything we have done in the past to preserve and regulate these departments.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:98096
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.