Agnostic.com

17 3

If the Christian god was proven to be real, would you follow him ??

Now useing your imagination let's just say god came down from the clouds or wherever he's been hideing at for the last few thousands of years and revealed himself and proven that the Bible's stories are true . Would you follow his word and worship him ? Personaly even if Christians proved he was real I still would not because although there are some good Bible stories that are inspiring there is just way to much that I condemn and think is wrong and evil that i just cannot agree with . Curious to hear others opinions . Thanks for all the answers ! 🙂

DavidDeLa89 6 June 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not at all... He's a "Summer's Eve" product... bag and everything.

I would no longer be atheist as it was proven there were a god, but I would ask if the Bible were an accurate portrayal of its characteristics...... if it were accurate or even "kind of" accurate then no.... as many others have pointed out the god represented in the Bible is an immoral thug and not worthy of my worship

depends where he was going

Nope. I'd join with satan and become a freedom fighter. Satan is far more moral than Yahweh.

And a whole lot cooler too.

Actually I'm a satanist . And believe it or not it stands for freedom from religion and free thinking as well as is ATHIEST believe it or not. 🙂

@DavidDeLa89 I do believe it and know a little about it - and understand that satan is a concept as opposed to a mythical being.

One one more time for the ages..... I still don't care

Depends

Depends what doctrine he was preaching at the time I think, seeing as the old and new testaments are so different I can only assume he's floated down from his crowd to explain the next installment. If what s/he says fits I'd follow, if not I guess I'll be struck down by locusts or whatever the in thing is!

Not unless he cleans up his act.

I couldn't agree more . Your 100percent right

Which one of the 3?

Would Hell be real too then? Would not want to go there.

Carin Level 8 June 3, 2018

In this hypothetical, yes hell would be real. But would you really be willing to sacrifice your morals and principles to avoid it?

@Katrik God would know if you were faking it anyway, right? So still doomed....

Oh Hell No! Miserable psychotic hater demanding abject worship....hold yer breath until That happens, o mighty one.........

If the god of the bible came to me, he'd have a LOT of explaining to do. He's a narcissistic, sadistic asshole. No, I wouldn't follow, worship, or even give the time of day to him, other than to suggest some serious counseling, therapy, and in-patient treatment for his mental issues.

Lol .ya I've said that if this supposed christian god was real this entire universe is in trouble because we have a mad man in charge

Nope. I can't imagine a more horrible place to spend eternity than the type of environment which most christians describe heaven as being.

@ShuMei2018

Oh, HELL no! There better damn well be pho in heaven, or the deal's off no matter what.

Probably not. I disagree with many points in the organized , not just the fictional characters.

God would need to apologize to me first.

I'm going to agree with you David for the same reasons. If god came down and said that all the wacky "you should be stoned to death if..." stories were added by man and seemed reasonable, I would love to start a dialogue with him/her/it and see where it goes. If he/she/it said that everything is the bible was true, I could not ethically follow.

Ya I don't even think I'd want to talk with it becus of his anger issues tho . I'd be scared shitless lol

No, I would not follow him, although I would very much like to have talk to him about his horrible behavior and all the horrible things that he has done just to be worshiped.

Ya that's so true . He's a complete asshole

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:98114
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.