Agnostic.com

30 2

Why do people here hate Christmas?

I never hated Christmas at all. This to me has always been a magical time for me. Whether I was working or traveling, or just staying home.

sirbikesalot06 5 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm a bit resistant to it, and just let the pass over me ASAP. I just wish they'd spare us all that twaddle - the Star, the manger and the mythical kid in it, not to mention the friggen allegably 3 wise men and the donkey of course. What does get me is hearing or watching the rich, the powerful, the financial aristocrats, the right wing political fundamentals and alike pretending to preach peace on earth and good will to all men. I mean, gimme a break.

Hate Christmas? It's all about enjoying life and celebrating that.

I don't hate Christmas for the most part. I'm not into the religious aspect of it. Also I don't like how it has become a capitalistic free for all. Everyone maxing out their credit cards to get gifts and stuff they can't afford. I think the celebration should be more nature related as it is the winter solstice. It should be a good time to hang out with family and friends without expectations of lavish gifts.

Tom Lehrar.

"god rest you merry merchants, may you make the yuletide PAY!"

To the extent that it is not a celebration of Bahl, I am for it.

Extrude Christ and religious nonsense from the holiday and you have Yule (Jol) and the Winter Solstice celebrations. Christ-mas is a religious holiday built on top of these holidays.I hate all religious holidays.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9884
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.