Agnostic.com
3 10

LINK Study: Atheists Are More Likely Than Churchgoers to Own Cats | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Atheists love pets more than frequent churchgoers. Science proves it. Or something like that.

According to a new article in the Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, Samuel L. Perry (University of Oklahoma) and Ryan P. Burge (Eastern Illinois University), there’s a statistically significant correlation between how often you go to church and how many pets you own.

And the more you go to church, the less likely you are to own a cat.

snytiger6 9 Jan 6
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That makes a lot of sense.

Spudgun Level 7 Jan 7, 2021

Most atheists are logical and critical thinkers with higher education as opposed to the rest of the US population which IQ is two points above needing to be in the sun and being watered twice a day... The Egyptians worshiped them. They built the pyramids. We still don't know how they did it. Maybe back then cats helped build them rather than knock crap off my counter all the time? They are here to manipulate us! Why? They are cute and can get away with it!

I have never met a lesbian or bisexual female who did not own at least two cats and was also a none believer, so I wonder if a race of brainwashing space cats are trying to evolve humanity in to a more intelligent race by subconsciously turning us all in to lesbian atheist animal care givers?

I am a committed cat caretaker, and very definitely not a lesbian.

@HippieChick58 I'm not a lesbian either, at least I think I'm not.

@LenHazell53 if you don't know by now Len you never will!

Most lesbians that I've known have had serious mental and/or emotional problems, and I'm not all that sure about their IQ lever.

@Spudgun
Really? Well haven't you been unlucky.
I have three in my family and all of them are sufficiently sane and stable so as to never even consider saying something as hateful as that.

Recent Visitors 21

Photos 9,033 More

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaFriendly question.....

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness...

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness...Mini me

Posted by KilltheskyfairyCats, my rotting support animals!

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness...Team work

Posted by KilltheskyfairyPoster kitty!

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaReal men.....

Posted by BettyThis made me laugh. 🤣

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

• Top tags#cats #video #god #friends #world #dogs #religion #religious #hope #Friday #animals #reason #Atheist #kids #book #money #humans #sleep #hell #church #sex #loves #relationship #mother #parents #DonaldTrump #evidence #community #atheism #children #youtube #society #Bible #memes #truth #movies #fear #belief #pets #wife #coffee #Jesus #death #laws #faith #beliefs #Song #rescue #books #earth ...

Members 1,537Top