Agnostic.com
2 7

LINK Gorgeous Cat in Great Britain Is Set to Be Crowned the Oldest Cat in the World

The title of the world's oldest living cat may soon be passed on to a new furry feline. Rosie, a rescue cat from the UK, is set to celebrate her 32nd birthday on June 1st, which is quite a remarkable feat. The current record holder, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, is a sprightly 27-year-old cat named Flossie who resides in Kent. However, in comparison to Rosie, Flossie is practically a youngster!

Rosie belongs to Lila Brissett, who was quoted as saying, "This beautiful thing was handed to me in a cane basket as a kitten in 1991 — and the rest is history." Awwwww. She probably meant to be quoted as saying "hisssssstory."

Rosie's owner continued, "She's only been to the vet twice in her life. Once to be spayed in the 90s, and 5 years ago to get antibiotics for a cyst on her head. She's quite a character. She's still got all her teeth."

Viewer @LynnIssacs comments, "Aw wow, she's a little cutie and has done so well." @Jaynestone feels a lot of sympathy for Rosie and says, "Blimey! She looks absolutely knackered!" Who can blame her? That's so old for a cat! So many years of chasing birds and mice and making biscuits. @Vickysmith adds an amazingly touching comment with, "My cat appeared in our wheelbarrow, when I was going through an incredibly tough time. She lived to the age of 20, and passed a few days after the person that that had given me problems died!! I'm sure she was saying, 'I have done everything I can to support you, and now he is gone, you are safe!' She was my beauty girl and I will always love her!!!" @Teresa replies, "Fantastic age my first cat lived till she was 20 but I think animals get to a certain age & they have had enough I suppose it’s like humans really with aches & pains." I think a lot of us can feel that!

It's amazing to see how these beloved cats can live such long lives, bringing joy and companionship to their owners for many years. Happy almost birthday sweet Rosie, and congrats on living to be such a ripe old age!

snytiger6 9 Apr 8
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I found the photos of Flossie and Rosie to post with their article.
It's curious that they both have very similar coloring,
but Flossie is short-haired and Rosie has long fur.

OldGoat43 Level 9 Apr 8, 2023

It is all about quality of life. My granddog went to the Rainbow Bridge last week, he was not that old, but he had arthritis so bad and was just not enjoying his life. When I was growing up we had an old tom cat that put up with 6 little kids. He was not confined to the house, and Dad said he just never came home again, and now I really wonder about that... especially after the dog being given to a farmer friend of Dad's...

I was almost 30 when a relative laughed at us believing the "farm" story about the dog we had as kids ... which I had believed up until then. I know they think they were protecting us, but I was more truthful to my daughter when one of our cats had to be euthanized. She didn't have to, but opted to come with me, and I was so proud of her as she comforted Kasey until the end. I think we under-estimate kids and animals.

Recent Visitors 20

Photos 9,034 More

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaFriendly question.....

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness...

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness...Mini me

Posted by KilltheskyfairyCats, my rotting support animals!

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness...Team work

Posted by KilltheskyfairyPoster kitty!

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaReal men.....

Posted by BettyThis made me laugh. 🤣

• Top tags#cats #video #god #friends #world #dogs #religion #religious #hope #Friday #animals #reason #Atheist #kids #book #money #humans #sleep #hell #church #sex #loves #relationship #mother #parents #DonaldTrump #evidence #community #atheism #children #youtube #society #Bible #memes #truth #movies #fear #belief #pets #wife #coffee #Jesus #death #laws #faith #beliefs #Song #rescue #books #earth ...

Members 1,538Top