I assert that the generation born from 1917 to 1940 is truly deserving of the title “The Greatest Generation”! Enduring the hardships of the Great Depression to then to save democracy from fascism and imperial Japan. Their vigilance against communism for more than 40 years left the following generations in an advantageous position to create better world. Subsequent generations have demonstrated a ever increasing intolerance for enduring challenges requiring self sacrifice.
They may or may not have been the greatest generation but the baby boomers were certainly the most fortunate. Relative peace and prosperity, the best music ever and climate change and pandemics were just a cloud on the horizon.Oh and the contraceptive pill
I am just a bit outside that, born in 1948, but IMO frankly a lot of what you say is nothing but a spin on rampant imperialism back when people were (mostly) unquestioning followers.
This includes anyone 82 and older. I'm 76 and I have nothing but respect for these people!
It, unfortunately, also put them in a position to take all that for granted and allow a narcissistic asshole with aspirations of dictatorship to bring democracy to its breaking point.