Agnostic.com
7 11

Nice year for the Columbines we've scattered around our gardens:

bigpawbullets 9 May 11
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gorgeous! I sprouted some seeds in late winter and planted out my first ones ever this spring. Looks like only a few seedlings established and won't bloom this year, but I read the ones that later self-seed from there will likely be stronger and spread more and more each year. I am eager to see what I get next year.

That's accurate. And you can assist by harvesting the seed pods and scattering where you'd like to see them in the future.

My absolute favorite plant

RickyAdams Level 6 May 11, 2020

nice

glennlab Level 10 May 11, 2020

lovely bumper crop! mine haven't bloomed yet.

Donna_I Level 8 May 11, 2020

The most amazing specimens of columbines I have ever seen came from a garden in Alaska. Those plants were huge. It must have something to do with the climate and length or shortness of the season.

@Spinliesel would be interesting to try to grow some here! 🙂

@Donna_I You have some extreme weather in Iowa? I am pretty sure you can grow these flowers near the house or a fence.

@Spinliesel may have been mckana's they get big and are usually referred to as giant

@Spinliesel They are considered a perineal here if I can keep the critters from munching them to oblivion. (knock on wood) I have two that may bloom next week ish. The flower stock is just unfurling.

Those deep red columbine are something else. Beuatiful! I haven't seen all red ones before.

RussRAB Level 8 May 11, 2020

So beautiful! I have the wild, blue and pink ones all over my yard.

Spinliesel Level 9 May 11, 2020

very pretty!

Heidi68 Level 8 May 11, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 30

Photos 5,325 More

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI love all the information on the internet that makes me a better gardener…

Posted by Jaylo64Primative hydroponic system /an old shoe rack and coffee cans ! Cans above drip into the cans below !

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,507Top