Agnostic.com
4 9

Some time ago the electrical company dug up my driveway entrance to bury a cable. They covered everything with gravel. Some time later a 'weed' erupted which I wanted to pull but always forgot. Then it bloomed and a close friend who came by to help install a deer fence got excited and said this was a Peschwar Poppy. These can be used for Opium and are often illegal. He wants to try and get the seeds and plant in in our labyrinth. really unusual looking poppy. And growing right out of the gravel.

JackPedigo 9 July 6
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting. The main reason our government is not getting out of Afghanistan has to do with these flowers;

Search U.S. military guarding Opium poppies in Afghanistan - images. There's hundreds....but nothing official ever gets done. And dozens of folk are dying, per day, from legal Opioid meds - from Afghanistan.

In 2018, 67,367 drug overdose deaths occurred in the United States.

[cdc.gov]

Robecology Level 9 July 6, 2020

And look at all the hullabaloo on C19 deaths & infections - oh but of course that's because of those dirty bat eating Communist Chinese!
Pass the puke buckets.

They are certainly a lovely flower. I wonder how you got them growing out of the gravel?

I had nothing to do with it. In fact I wanted to pull it out as I thought it a weed. It came up all by itself and in a pile of gravel as well. This portion of the yard is where we are placing a 4' metal fence to keep deer out (or at least try to).

Wow

bobwjr Level 10 July 6, 2020

Doesn't sound like a good idea

What, trying to plant the seeds. This place is not exactly a hotbed of crime. In fact we often read the Sheriff's report for laughs.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 39

Photos 5,327 More

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,508Top