Agnostic.com
7 5

Oh for when we can travel again, you don't have to go far, other peoples gardens are good enough, the exotic and wonderful may be just down the road.

Fernapple 9 Apr 11
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Have to laugh. When living in Seattle we would walk a mile to a shopping center. We would go through a maize of dirt alleyways. There were many gardens along the paths and anything growing outside the yard boundary was fair game for my late partner. This included fruit trees with overhanging fruit.

JackPedigo Level 9 Apr 11, 2021

Sorry all, I will try again another day, and try to find some videos that are available in the US.

Fernapple Level 9 Apr 11, 2021

Apparently Americans are even barred from traveling virtually abroad, lol. No video feed.

Sorry all, I will try again another day, and try to find some videos that are available in the US.

The videos are still unavailable.

I can't say there is anything terribly exotic in my neighborhood, but I have enjoyed driving around looking at see what anyone else might have blooming in their yard. The irises (my favorite) are beginning to bloom.

RussRAB Level 8 Apr 11, 2021

@Fernapple - No worries. Stuff happen and we can't anticipate it all.

Too bad we can't watch here in the US. 🙁

Zoohome Level 8 Apr 11, 2021

They tell me that it's bloody in Yarkshire! So even with climate change, how do those tropical plants survive winter?

FrayedBear Level 9 Apr 11, 2021

That's the gardeners skill. I suspect that a lot are lifted in, some are covered in winter, and a lot are grown anew each year. A lot of work.

@Fernapple , a former neighbor grew many tropicals. During the winter he put them in the garage with a small heater. Every spring they came back out and thrived.

@freeofgod Most people put their cars in the garage! I do remember orchardists using braziers in their orchards to keep the frost away and our local market gardeners heated the greenhouses to get three crops a year growing.

Sorry; I get this;

Video unavailable
This video contains content from LDS,

who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Robecology Level 9 Apr 11, 2021

Sorry, which one ?

@Fernapple Both...but you tried to post your personally made video from England (Lincolnshire)- correct? NBD.

@Robecology No, they are both from Utube.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 23

Photos 5,327 More

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,508Top