Agnostic.com
4 12

My Dark Desire is blooming! (So many joke possibilities in that one, lol) this is a less well-know hybrid tea from Kordes a few years back. But Oh! Super healthy, disease-free for me, without any spraying, and the blooms really this good. The real color is even richer than my camera can capture. Moderately fragrant. That is coral honesuckle underneath.

MikeInBatonRouge 8 Apr 22
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Didn't know honeysuckle came in coral . Used to find it in the woods near home in both white and gold , but no coral .

Cast1es Level 9 Apr 23, 2021

The American native stuff is all coral, with a golden varient that might have been bred. Coral honeysuckle has no fragrance but is very important for native ecology, because of the bugs and birds it supports. The Asian/Japanese stuff everyone is familiar with, as wonderful as it smells, is unfortunately highly invasive, crowds out native plants, and does not support the native food web. We could say ditto to all these points re. Asian wisteria vs native wisteria.

Stunning 🌹 rose! You have a knack for them. 😉

Thanks! I think the knack might come from 40+ years of trial and error and reading everything I found on the subject. 🌹

@MikeInBatonRouge Well, you obviously absorbed all you learned. 👍🏻 Really beautiful roses.

A lovely color! I have several Cordes roses. Bought them at Aldi's years ago.

Spinliesel Level 9 Apr 22, 2021

Kordes is great! I forget often which of mine are theirs, but off the top of my head, Buxom Beauty, Winter Sun, Kardinal '85, Sunny Sky, oh and Wedding Bells are some...all with great disease resistance, caveat to my Kardinal, which is very new for me and so far blackspotting quite a bit.

Absolutely beautiful!

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 23

Photos 5,327 More

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,508Top