Agnostic.com
6 11

Spring is a beautiful time here in North Texas. Yesterday, I drove up to Wichita Falls and the sides of the highway were just covered with wildflowers of all kinds. I stopped a time or two to take some pictures and was amazed at the variety. The first 5 are Texas Bluebonnets, Pink Prairie Evening Primrose, another Primrose I couldn't ID that's a partial flower, Englemann's Daisy, and Golden Tickseed ( a Coreopsis variety). More to come.

RussRAB 8 Apr 25
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thank you Ladybird. Your legacy lives on.

Mooolah Level 8 Apr 28, 2021

I always loved to see the Indian Paintbrush mixed in with the Blue Bonnets. Very pretty pics!!

There were lots of mixtures of these varieties. It was just beautiful and made a 2 hour drive enjoyable. I didn't even mention the varieties I couldn't get pictures of. Galardia - Indian blanket - both the red and yellow and all red varieties, and a very light yellow Indian Paintbrush. There was also large size bright yellow flower that I think was probably that yellow Evening Primrose I only got a pic of the damaged flower, but I couldn't see it clearly enough to be certain.

You Texans have LadyBird Johnson to thank for much of the wildflower plantings. She championed that effort as the wife of the president.

She also help found the national wildflower center near the ranch which supplies seeds .

The website that bares her name is excellent for looking up wildflowers.
[wildflower.org]

The first one here is Blue Flax, then Golden Flax, Fleabane, and one I wasn't able to identify. It looked kind of like the pictues of Skullcap but I thought they were larger like Snapdragon size.

The highway was just filled with stands of these flowers so thick that 20 feet or more of the median or roadside was solid flowers. I didn't get a good picture of these stands, they just weren't available where I could stop.

RussRAB Level 8 Apr 25, 2021

Drove to the Mercer Arboritum this afternoon . Flowers everywhere . People , too .

Cast1es Level 9 Apr 25, 2021

Can't say why the photos are all sideways. I tried rotating them but the always posted sideways.

Red Indian Paintbrush, I think this one is a lavender Indian Paintbrush but the leaves are different si I'm not so sure, Prairie Verbena or Vervain, Winecup, and Guara. And there are a few more.

RussRAB Level 8 Apr 25, 2021
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 22

Photos 5,325 More

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI love all the information on the internet that makes me a better gardener…

Posted by Jaylo64Primative hydroponic system /an old shoe rack and coffee cans ! Cans above drip into the cans below !

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,507Top