Agnostic.com
5 10

Rainy day here in the Miami Valley. I've harvested asparagus, towards the end of the season, and Basil at the beginning of the optimal basil season.
Beat the latest squall by about 8 minutes!! Now on to making some pesto, and preparing a veggie basket for the houskeeper.

bigpawbullets 9 July 10
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds like a productive day despite the rain! Harvesting your own asparagus and basil must be so satisfying, especially when you get to enjoy the freshness and flavors in your dishes. I love using fresh basil in pesto—it adds a burst of aromatic goodness. By the way, have you heard about purple basil? I recently read an article about the benefits of purple basil, like its high antioxidant content and anti-inflammatory properties. It's pretty cool how herbs can offer both taste and health perks. Keep enjoying your gardening adventures, and happy cooking! Oh, by the way, I'm new here on the forum.

Izamarfeat Level 3 June 1, 2023

Does anyone grow Shiso ? My Japanese friends tell me it's easy. I've tried 3 times and can't get the seeds to germinate. I heard the seeds need to freeze before planting. I'm trying that my next time.

BethPl Level 5 July 13, 2021

Wow , never hear about gardening in Miami .

Cast1es Level 9 July 10, 2021

The Miami Valley is in Ohio.

Not growing anything here in the desert. Currently 110°F…and rising.

KateOahu Level 8 July 10, 2021

1.75 inches of rain today in Omaha. I had basil in the raised bed gardens the last few years, and last year the bunnies decimated the basil. This year I planted the basil on the deck in pots, and I have a bumper crop. I think I over planted. Have made pesto 3 times so far, and might well be making more pesto soon. Of find another use for alllll that basil.

I've been making pesto of various concoctions and giving both pesto and fresh basil away to the neighbors. Soon they'll stop answering their doors.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 23

Photos 5,325 More

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI love all the information on the internet that makes me a better gardener…

Posted by Jaylo64Primative hydroponic system /an old shoe rack and coffee cans ! Cans above drip into the cans below !

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,507Top