Agnostic.com
8 15

Whoo-hoo, more purple peppers, but not quite a peck!

tinkercreek 8 Aug 22
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wait....is it "picked a peck of purple peppers" or "picked a peck of Pickled peppers"?

Robecology Level 9 Aug 22, 2021

Pickled! - which I never do to ruin the flavor of sweet pickles.

Those look yummy!

A group of us use a large hothouse. One couple have some bell shaped purple tomatoes. Next year I'm going to have to try some unusual vegetables like this.

JackPedigo Level 9 Aug 22, 2021

I got lucky with this, just happened upon the seedling in a local shipment from Iwasaki Bros - do you see their plants up there?

@tinkercreek Never heard of them but then I don't usually go to nurseries. Just out of curiosity - my daughter once gave us a plant catalogue. There are tons of peppers in all sorts of colors. [rareseeds.com]
For peppers [rareseeds.com]

@JackPedigo I've ordered from them before, great company, but I don't see my "Purple Queen" there - maybe next season.

@tinkercreek Out of curiosity I looked up Iwasaki Bros. It seems to be an Oregon company. Do you have a large garden?

@JackPedigo No, my garden is quite small, an especially good choice for this 'heat wave year'. Iwasaki products are quite reliable, good quality, and wonderful people - I graduated hs with 2 Iwasaki kids, both stellar folks.

@tinkercreek 2 Iwasaki kids? do they sell seeds for that? lol Our back garden is 55' X 65" and was built by the previous owner who was a religious nut and was sure Y2K would happen. He put a great fence around it and even built a tower with 1,500 gallon water tank. When Y2K was a bust he just walked away. It was a ton of work and when my partner died I tried to keep up but finally gave up this year. Now I leave the gate open in hopes the deer will eat the weeds. Besides there are two more gardens, one in front (no veges) and one on the side, which I created.

Beautiful!

Dee, my gardener says we have orange peppers right now. Maybe today, I can make it to the vegetable garden (using two sticks instead of one) to look for myself. These purple ones look delicious.

Spinliesel Level 9 Aug 22, 2021

At first glance, they look like Eggplant, they are so dark. Are they a sweet pepper?

RussRAB Level 8 Aug 22, 2021

Yes, and I picked the first one too soon a few weeks back. There was still a tinge of green on one side that I hadn't seen, and the inside was green - still tasted sweeter than a true green pepper!

Wonderful!

KateOahu Level 8 Aug 22, 2021

they're almost as sneaky as okra

glennlab Level 10 Aug 22, 2021

Okra are sneaky? Sneaky the way squash is?

@MsKathleen Worse, you only have 1-2 days to pick okra before it gets too tough to eat. With squash at leastr you can still use it for something else most of the time.

@glennlab I do not grow it and there is never fresh available in my desert, so I use frozen.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 20

Photos 5,325 More

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI love all the information on the internet that makes me a better gardener…

Posted by Jaylo64Primative hydroponic system /an old shoe rack and coffee cans ! Cans above drip into the cans below !

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,505Top