Agnostic.com
4 13

And so our Aeonium has (mostly) flowered but I'm taking no chances just in case they all fall off before the rest bloom! 😀 A very happy new year to all!

Austin-Cambridge 8 Dec 27
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I see you’re from Portugal. Does that mean you’re in a place with Mediterranean climate or as where I am in California does that depend on your location and topography? Yours looks to be an a selection of Aeonium arboreum. I like one of those called Thundercloud but I doubt it is widely known. But their is a smaller one that comes from your island of Madeira of which I’m very fond.l, A. globulosum which grows low and flat allowing it to grow on sheer rock walls where our native Dudleyas might. I’ve had difficulty making happy A. tabuliforme which has a similar habit but I find this one much easier.

The first photo is from a screenshot of one I found online showing what it looks like in habitat on Madeira.

The second is what mine looked like when it bloomed last year for the first time after many years in place - not sure why it has been rotated in posting it.

The third one is of the A. arboretum cultivar Thundrrcloud I’m growing.

I grow a number of other aeoniums as well. It is a plant that will shrivel up, hunker down and wait out a hot spell but we rarely get those in coastal California. So they mostly look good here especially those with nicer foliage like the cultivar ‘Mardis Gras’, though it darkens over the course of our summers in full sun in the fourth phoylto and Zwartkopp in the fifth.

MarkWD Level 7 Jan 19, 2023

Thank you for the interesting info, the fourth photo you posted is the same plant! 🙂 It is still in flower as I write and attracts a host of honey bees too which is grand as we have had a very dry summer here and there have been few flowers!

Thank you for sharing the photo.

Mooolah Level 8 Dec 29, 2022

Beautiful!

Lovely!

KateOahu Level 8 Dec 27, 2022
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 19

Photos 5,330 More

Posted by JolantaHappy hormones.

Posted by FernappleThe little woodland garden, is a symphony of blue, purple and white now. Hyacinth, Honesty, and Ornithogalum.

Posted by KateOahuThis morning I went to a class for making a terrarium with native plants at the Waikiki Community Center, which is about three blocks from where I live.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,520Top