Agnostic.com
12 4

WTF.
You, American dudes, can probably clarify whether this is true or not.
Presuming that this isn't true, it's kinda annoying that this meme is still out there being circulated and idiots are likely to believe it. 😒 This meme so typically exhibits the downside of all memes; oversimplifying complicated matters.

Ryo1 8 Dec 8
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This exhibits the classic fallacy of mistaking correlation for causation. I can equally say "Before Trump we had no Covid-19", but that doesn't mean he caused it. (He made it a lot worse than it had to be, but that's another story.)

If I were to say, "Before Trump there was no Muslim travel ban, no trade war with China, no war on NATO, the UN, and the W.H.O., and no white supremacist riots in Charleston," those would all be correlations that also show causation. Trump did or encouraged all those things. BUt people who distribute memes have little interest in actual history.

Paul4747 Level 8 Dec 9, 2022

Before Lincoln, we had no ISIS
Before Lincoln, we had no BLM
Before Lincoln, we had no Antifa
Before Lincoln, we had no war on cops.

I can play that game too.

Before Obama we had no Tea Party. Before Obama insulted Trump at the correspondents dinner we had no MAGA. Obama’s election resulted in extremism. Yes. Because racists.

ISIS resulted somewhat from insurgents being imprisoned with former Baathists. Abu Ghraib didn’t help. Obama came along much later and called them a JV team. ISIS was so messed up in the head that al Qaeda called them out for their horrific atrocities.

Before Obama, Osama was still alive. Am I right? Dubya didn’t take him out. Not a priority. The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) wanted Husayn before 9-11. Obama ended Osama. Remember that?

Before Obama we had the malicious beating of Rodney King and the assassination of Fred Hampton and COINTELPRO.

Before Obama we had Public Enemy, NWA and Ice T. Remember when the whiny ass snowflake cops complained about the song “Cop Killer” and it got pulled long before Obama became POTUS?

Police brutality helped create BLM.

Scott321 Level 7 Dec 8, 2022

I have no time for the dangerous mental defectives that buy into this sort of nonsense.

The ones that buy into the nonsense are the ones injuring and killing innocent people because of such nonsense.

@Betty Exactly! 😟

I'm a scientist....Demographer, Environmental scientist - educator- retired.

It's my opinion that there's folk who buy in to this hatred...but it's not directly their fault...

It's just the nature of population density.

The more crowded it gets...the crazier organisms get.

Proven over, and over again.

I read this in 1962.

I made a career out of studying it;

Population Density and Social Pathology;

"When a population of laboratory rats is allowed to increase In a confined space, the rats develop acutely abnormal patterns of behavior that can even lead to the extinction of the population..."

Well, fed, well cleaned, well hydrated animals...simply crowded together.

Maybe that's the root of this insanity?

[gwern.net]

We had all of these before Obama. The names were different.

Mooolah Level 8 Dec 8, 2022

Anti fascism in one guise or another has been around since the 1930s, so that's a fail. ISIS was founded in 1999. BLM did start under Obama, but BLM is a good thing. And the War on Cops is as real as The War on Christmas: It doesn't exist. Typical hater BS.

Druvius Level 8 Dec 8, 2022

What war on cops? You mean the cops that always close ranks after one of their buddies murders a unarmed Black? Would that be the cops that let Rittenhouse walk by them giving him a thumbs up after murdering two people? Would that be the cops that stage riots to allow their neo-Nazi buddies to burn down business so that BLM will be blamed? Or the cops that put 2 million Blacks in for-profit prisons with racist non-violent drug charges? Betcha this meme gets circulated on white supremacist web sites.

racocn8 Level 9 Dec 8, 2022

Dummies gonna dumb and haters gonna hate, this is a twofer they can't resist.

Buttercup Level 8 Dec 8, 2022

Ugh.. so not true.... ISIS is a direct result of W. Bush's policies... BLM grew out of the "war on cops", Antifa dates back to the mid-1920's in Itialy, and the "war on cops" dates back to as early as 1988... hence this:

Rignor Level 7 Dec 8, 2022

Actually there was no antifa before Trump.
There were anti-fascist but no one called them antifa until Trump attempted to make being anti-fascist a terror organization, because you know fascist fear anti-fascist.
BLM wasn't created by Obama, it was the public reaction to police abuse that has been around since the country was founded. So the Police created BLM by taking innocent black lives.
The only war on cops I know of was the insurrection on January 6th, although there was talk of funding more social workers with police funds to handle domestic situations where cops don't seem to know how to deescalate a situation without killing innocent people. The deallocation of funds was called "defunding the police" but the only people that intentionally misunderstood the point were Republicans that called it a war on cops.
ISIS is well ISIS and it's from the middle east and Obama did way more to eradicate it then Trump ever could have done. Leave it to MAGA to believe an Obama supporter = ISIS.

So like Sarah Silverman who was once asked about the holocaust deniers said... "Whatcha gona do?"

I see MAGA as a communicable mental illness, it is preventable with the limited logic skills and self awareness of a high school stoner, or greater.

NOTE: Yes the first reference to antifa according to a quick search was in 2007, in Portland Or. where the Neo-Nazis were so bad people were about to take the law in their own hands, but nationally no one really picked up on it until Trump started braying about antifa.

Very well put!

I agree with you completely. Nice statement.

Well stated.

Two are good, two are bad equals what?

OldGoat43 Level 9 Dec 8, 2022

I make it 1 bad, 2 good, and 1 nonexistent. I put the Obama administration ahead on points.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 48

Photos 77,298 More

Posted by Ryo1

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThose are my pronouns too!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyEaster hack??

Posted by KilltheskyfairyStill Women’s History Month…

Posted by noworry28There's nothing Holy about any of the Torah, New Testament, or Quran.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHappy Atheist Day to my fellow Atheists!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyYou can’t win!

Posted by noworry28This is so funny 😁

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,975Top

Moderators