Agnostic.com
5 10

I've been a huge aviation nerd since I was a little kid. I had posters, and models all over my room. Actually, truth be told, I still do. Every thing from the Wright Flyer, to the Falcon Heavy. And every thing in between.

But in all of those years, nothing stands out in my "OMG that is insane" meter like the SR71 Blackbird.

It was made so long ago, yet still looks like something from the future. And the Engineering of this thing was equal to its looks.

I still get all geeked out just watching Documentaries about it.

TristanNuvo 8 Apr 28
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thank you for this post! Growing up in northern California, not far from Beale AFB, the strategic reconnaissance base where the SR-71s (and U-2s) were headquartered, I frequently saw (and heard) these planes, often connected with a KC-135 tanker during aerial refueling. Kelly Johnson, the Lockheed engineer who designed the SR-71 (as well as the P-38, Constellation, U-2 and F-104), was a genius, and it is hard to overstate how far ahead of its time this aircraft was. The last unit is at the Udvar-Hazy annex of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum by Dulles airport--I highly recommend visiting. On its final flight in 1990, this Blackbird set several speed records including an incredible cross-country time (from Los Angeles to Washington, D.C.) of just over 64 minutes!
[airandspace.si.edu]

Here is the next great thing that is happening in the skunk works. The planned TBCC engine system will rewrite aviation history.

[en.wikipedia.org]

kensmile4u Level 8 Apr 28, 2020

. . . very interesting.

Familiar with this big fan most awesome plane ever

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 28, 2020

It is a sweet plane !

Ohub Level 7 Apr 28, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 24

Photos 136 More

Posted by racocn8I saw some articles on meteorite composition and ended up with this picture.

Posted by racocn8Here are some photos of eggs deposited on the underside of leaves.

Posted by racocn8Here are some photos of eggs deposited on the underside of leaves.

Posted by Slava3That makes me nervous

Posted by Slava3So we are part of a Cosmic ecosystem?

Posted by SergeTafCamNot too long ago I had the opportunity to take a couple of pictures of a peacock's feather.

Posted by SergeTafCamNot too long ago I had the opportunity to take a couple of pictures of a peacock's feather.

Posted by SergeTafCamWhat's your favorite color?

Posted by SergeTafCamExciting times.

• Top tags#video #world #religion #religious #youtube #scientific #god #physics #evidence #earth #hope #solar #nuclear #friends #technology #humans #cosmic #book #quantum #reason #evolution #faith #truth #belief #books #relationship #NASA #laws #stars #Cosmos #money #community #believer #atheism #Atheist #astronomy #beliefs #Texas #environment #biology #media #teach #prayer #church #divorce #TheTruth #politics #agnostic #planets #kids ...

Members 305Top