Agnostic.com

21 3

What's an unusual talent or skill you have that most people don't know about?

Do you have a talent or skill that is unusual or unique, something few people don't know you can do? What's your hidden ability or superpower?

resserts 8 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can tolerate stupid people for an inordinate amount of time. I do it at work for 12 hours a day.

Duke Level 8 Dec 24, 2017

@silvereyes Absolutely!

I can write backwards with both hands in mirror image simultaneously. Not really useful....lol

I can eat a 2 oz Snicker's bar and gain 3 pounds.

Hahaha, maybe that's the Hulk's secret to bulking up: "Don't make me hungry; you wouldn't like me when I'm hungry."

I'm invisible. They don't know about it because I'm invisible.

SamL Level 7 Dec 24, 2017

Lol!

I can make rather nice, kangaroo hide bullwhips and snake whips.

Cool, how long have you been at it? Do you sell your creations?

I used to sell them - though I haven't for some long time. Oddly enough my best sellers were really short - 4 foot whips, small enough to be used indoors.

Well ... you know how you sometimes hear a moo-ing noise from downstairs, go to investigate, find your living room full of stray cattle, and think "If only I had a 4 foot bullwhip that I could use indoors!"

Must have happened to everyone ...!

Nice..

@ToakReon That is such a badass talent!!! So wish I knew how to braid leather! It's even on my bio as a bucket list item LOL Too bad we're an ocean apart I'd pay for lessons.
Would love to find someone in my area who teaches but have come up empty. 😟

I make amazing chicken stock... it is complex and takes me hours but is the basis for so many dishes

Fly a helicopter, a gyrocopter, and a air plane. I did that for years. I would bring home stuff all the time and people thought I was nuts.

What sort of stuff would you bring home?

@resserts get my message brother?

@BucketlistBob, just got it! 🙂

Sweet. I'm a drone (quadcopter) pilot eking out a living with aerial photography. But nuthin' like being in the air yourself. I knew I liked you for a reason. 😉

My superpower is making beer disappear.

And I can write backwards with my left hand...

I've always been able to build almost anything. When I was young, I learned to weld, and built a rail buggy that looked and ran great. After I was divorced, I couldn't afford to buy a house, so I built my own. It still cost a lot of money, but I had to do it. Later I built a barn, and a woodworking shop. I built all of the wood furniture in the house, including the kitchen cabinets and the bed, dresser and armoir in the bedroom. Last year I added a screen room to the house, and it looks really nice (if I do say so myself). There's lots more, but you get the gist of it.

I'd love to post pictures, but there are tons of them. I'll have to weed through them.

@TonesX
Ok, I uploaded a few pictures. One of the house, a couple of the screen room project, and a couple of pieces of furniture.

3 of them. 1. I can make a circle with my arms and step through them with my legs/feet. In the front of my body, and then step backwards out. 2. I can turn my feet, one at a time, the opposite way as my other foot is. So, one facing foward, the other facing behind me. 3. I'm an artist.

Finding rare and multiple sources of information.

I’m very good at algebra.

I can sound exactly like Elvis! Normally I sing karaoke in a lower register, and after I sing Elvis, my vocal chords pack it in for the night, so I don't do it often. But eerily like him, it creeps Me out, lol!

I am really, really good at opening jars. No real trick to it, but I just happen to be able to open jars that nobody else can. I think that's a superpower.

There's definitely a knack to it, but it's a good skill to have. I definitely lack that superpower.

Most people who know me don't realize that i can read their minds.

@silvereyes Great. Now I'll have Flobots in my head all day. LOL

O' Hilarity.
Yes, and this literally is 'the saving grace', @silvereyes, because i can't do it long distance.
(thanks for pointing to that song, it was fun to read)

I can put my legs behind my head. Ha ha ha!

And now you'll be getting a lot more private messages. 😉

@EmeraldJewel Pics or it didn't happen. LOL

Lol @Duke

@resserts lol

@EmeraldJewel We could compromise. You could put your legs behind my head. Shit... I said that out loud, didn't I?

hmmm, maybe not talents, I am dyslexic, slightly autistic, ambidextrous and hyperthymesic, (with the right trigger I can recall pretty much anything I have ever experienced right down to dreams before I could walk/talk etc. ) Match that with possible onset of Alzheimers and or dementia and I am a real case.

True ambidexterity is definitely cool, and the ability to recall fine details can come in handy for sure. Is that something you have trained yourself to be able to control, or is it kind of random how it works?

When I listen to music, I can often hear the various instruments as if they're playing separately but together, and then I can hear how they're interacting with each other. Depending on how complex this interaction is, I can sometimes get so moved by it that I feel as if I'm surrounded by it.

Hmmm..I'm extremely observant. As such I am very good at accurately predicting the outcome of the various endeavors people take part in. Doesn't work for myself though. I have to be emotionally detached from the situation and that's particularly difficult when it comes to things I do.

Most people would probably never guess that I'm a good guitar player. A more unique talent, I think, is my ability to discern if people are Christian before it comes up in conversation -- due to my being raised in many churches and actively separating from that lifestyle.

forgo Level 4 Dec 24, 2017

Former professional dancer.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10183
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.