Agnostic.com

72 3

Do you believe in ex lovers getting back together ?

EmeraldJewel 7 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

72 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Recently experienced just this. It was fun but didn’t last.

Asking for a friend, are ya? If they mature, it can happen, but it will be over in an eyeblink as soon as one of you says, " you haven't changed at all"!

Yes..better the devil you know..?
I haven't done it exactly..as in returned to reprising a relationship with an ex.
However on two ex girlfriends..it seemed almost impossible to extricate ourselves completely because sexually speaking we found it difficult not to have sexual relations even though we were no longer together..its silly but..the love of body didn't die with the end of the love of mind or direction.

????

When I was 19 I went down to New Orleans with my cousin and a friend to check out Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen as a budding young chef in the making. While enjoying a very underage drunk, I heard a regular down there sing one of his best that I think sums up my opinion on the matter pretty well... "Baby if I went back to you, it'd be like cookin' in 'Old Grease'. Lol
But honestly, while it may be comfortable, whatever separated you in the first place will always be there and you just cannot turh back the clock. Unfortunately.

Not really. Most often, there was a really good reason it didn't work the first time.

For some its possible. I have had dreams of past lovers. So maybe it might work for me.

I know that some people can do it, but not me. I move one, and don't go back.

I have done this with a few people in my life. Sometimes it was just a matter of needing a break. But with one, we went on to have a relationship that lasted nine more years. And it wasn’t horrible. With another I got back together with him and we stayed together another 4 years. No regrets. There’ve been a few online relationships where I’ve gotten back together with somebody, again no regrets. I’m a firm believer in the fact that I have a special place in my heart for all my exes. I will always have love for that person. I don’t rule out anything.

CM1965 Level 7 June 14, 2018

No, I am done with the roller coaster ride.

JayTea Level 6 June 14, 2018

In my opinion, there was a fundamental reason why you two split up to begin with, so I hardly see a valid reason for revisiting a failed relationship. Of course, I also speak from experience, having gone back to an ex once, only to have history predictably repeat itself.

Lexis Level 2 June 14, 2018

I believe in Nothing. I go with the Flow. I don't ask questions to Strangers.

Sure.

I'll do you one better: how about having a "stand-by" that you go back to whenever you're not involved in a "real" relationship? Ya know, like a permanent on-call FWB?

It's all good, as long as it's done in good faith, full knowledge, mutual consent and reciprocity, good judgment, integrity, total honesty (with self and others), etc. That's my MO for all things, pretty much.

NEVER GO BACK! I think that people move on for a reason, and however much I may miss an old lover, it would be putting myself in a weird situation to try and reconnect to the way things once were.

This is just my situation, I know, but I change so much as the years go by, and whilst my old lover would get a greatly improved version of me if we hooked up again now, I'd feel weird about it — like I'd regressed. Not a reason not to do it, I suppose, but.... They wouldn't get the same person, and I'm betting that neither would I.

No, I believe in moving forward, not backwards.

Usually only if the breakup was due to circumstances, e.g., someone had to move for a job and the couple didn't want to be long distance and then, a while later, they ended up in the same area again.

Occasionally, a breakup will be due to personality issues that are later resolved, but that seems extremely rare

It can happen. The issue(s) that caused the breakup needs to be completely resolved though.

I went back to the ex tried it for a while worked for a bit but always someting happened!

I have seen it work, but it seems to be the exception, not the rule.

I have with a few myself.

Why

Qiru Level 6 June 13, 2018

As long as it's someone else. Tried once, worse than the first.

Relationships are like a gallon of milk. If you pour a glass & it tastes sour, you don't put the jug back in the fridge & think, "this will be so much better 3 months from now." You broke up for a reason. Let that sleeping dog stay asleep.

I don't NOT believe in it. It can happen, just depends on the circumstances of those involved.

Truly depends on if they've both grown and overcome their challenges. Unless one was a cheating abusive psycho

I tried it with my first love...and too late, realized the good sense in breaking up all those years ago. I’d like to think it can happen, but it hasn’t for me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:106439
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.